Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #31
honkymagoo
honkymagoo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 *Blue*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
Wait... what? The credit is only for the silver?
I got the blue one, and it worked for me. I called Sony Rewards before I ordered to make sure.
honkymagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #32
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by honkymagoo View Post
I got the blue one, and it worked for me. I called Sony Rewards before I ordered to make sure.
Well I feel stupid. And jealous.
Zero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #33
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero9 View Post
Well I feel stupid. And jealous.
Think spray paint.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:07 AM   #34
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Think spray paint.

BOb
"Paint" got me thinking, I should just use blue painter's tape!

I actually called a rep since it hasn't shipped yet, and she put a request through to the warehouse to see if it's too late to change the order.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #35
Zapped
Enthusiast
Zapped began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
@Zero9: thanks for the word of caution that it may take 60+ hours before I can register my new card on the sonyrewards.com site. It didn't work this morning but I'm not quite at the 24 hour mark yet. Like z9 and others have mentioned, I want a dark blue model also.

In the interim, Target was kind enough to "loan" me a silver PRS-505 with a 90-day return policy, so I've been taking it for a test drive

Calibre is really nice for ebook conversion and for fetching my favorite RSS feeds. The e-Ink screen is very very readable too. Now I'm just in a rush to finish my current hardcover book so I can start reading like a true 21st-century nerd!
Zapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #36
Zero9
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapped View Post
...In the interim, Target was kind enough to "loan" me a silver PRS-505 with a 90-day return policy, so I've been taking it for a test drive ...
Why didn't I think of that?! Another reason I wish they also sold the PRS-700. Would love to see if its oft-lamented glare and low contrast would have actually been a problem for me.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #37
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
I didn't know Target's return policy was so generous. I thought once you open it, it's yours.
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:22 AM   #38
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by honkymagoo View Post
Thanks.

I may do the same.

-Joe
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #39
PeeBus
PeeBus began at the beginning.

Device: EBookwise 1150
U.S. residents only! Drat!
PeeBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #40
Zapped
Enthusiast
Zapped began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkyfork View Post
I didn't know Target's return policy was so generous. I thought once you open it, it's yours.
I asked the clerk if I could check it out & return it within 30 days without any kind of restocking fees. He said no, sir, it's not 30 days, it's 90 days, no questions asked, no fees.

[ EDIT on Monday 08 June 2009: After a week's use, and a ton of reading this weekend, I returned my PRS-505 to Target. Full refund including local sales tax, no questions asked, no fees of any kind deducted. Will read from dead trees pending the arrival of my SonyRewards dark-blue model... ]

[ EDIT on Tuesday 09 June 2009: I still hadn't received an email from SonyRewards to say my dark blue model had been shipped, but when I went to the site to checkthe order status there was finally a Fedex tracking number. So as of today the process has been... Day 0 (01 June) apply for credit card & get instant approval, Day 2 (03 June) able to use my new CC at sonyrewards to redeem the offer, Day 7 (08 June) PRS-505/LC left facility in La Grange, IL, Day 10 (11 June), PRS-505/LC due at my door. If I ignore weekends, the reader shipped on the 3rd business day after actually ordering it, due to arrive on the 6th business day. ]

Last edited by Zapped; 06-09-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Zapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:23 PM   #41
j9mosely
j9mosely began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Hi, I'm new here. A friend told me about this offer by pointing me at this thread. I've applied for the card and been approved, but when I click on "Redeem now" it takes me the Sony Rewards registration page. For several days I tried to sign in and it just said my data wasn't in their system yet. Now it recognizes me and takes me to the rewards page but there is no mention of how to order unless you have a bazillion points to redeem. I only have 50. How do I order the reader? Thanks.
j9mosely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #42
Zero9
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by j9mosely View Post
Hi, I'm new here. A friend told me about this offer by pointing me at this thread. I've applied for the card and been approved, but when I click on "Redeem now" it takes me the Sony Rewards registration page. For several days I tried to sign in and it just said my data wasn't in their system yet. Now it recognizes me and takes me to the rewards page but there is no mention of how to order unless you have a bazillion points to redeem. I only have 50. How do I order the reader? Thanks.
50 points is exactly how many you should have!

Click the REDEEM button on the top of the Sony Rewards site (next to the search box). Then click ELECTRONICS and scroll down and click READER. Add the reader to your cart and CHECK OUT. As part of checking out, the site will ask you to use a credit card to buy the remaining points needed to cover the total cost. Be sure to use your Sony Card information here, and make sure you're buying at least $299 worth of extra points (since you only have 50 points right now, you should be fine).

Come back and let me know when your reader arrives. I'm still waiting for mine.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #43
Zero9
Zealot

Oh, and welcome to MobileRead, j9mosely!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #44
j9mosely
j9mosely began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero9 View Post
50 points is exactly how many you should have!

Click the REDEEM button on the top of the Sony Rewards site (next to the search box). Then click ELECTRONICS and scroll down and click READER. Add the reader to your cart and CHECK OUT. As part of checking out, the site will ask you to use a credit card to buy the remaining points needed to cover the total cost. Be sure to use your Sony Card information here, and make sure you're buying at least $299 worth of extra points (since you only have 50 points right now, you should be fine).

Come back and let me know when your reader arrives. I'm still waiting for mine.
Do you have to do anything special to indicate that you applying for the promotional price? It sound like other people here have had trouble with that. How long ago did you order yours?
j9mosely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:50 PM   #45
Zero9
Zealot

I ordered mine on Saturday (May 30th) once I could finally register for the site using my Sony Card info. I've heard mixed reports from different buyers and even different Sony Rewards/Card people. Once you've registered for a new Sony Rewards account using your new Sony Card info, it seems like you simply need to add the PRS-505 to your cart and check out (making sure your points purchase on the Sony Card is $299 or greater. My early post in this thread has some more specifics if you missed it.

Good luck!

Tags
prs-505, sony