Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Tell us about your digitized books

Calling all authors....

Did you just make one or more of your books available as an ebook. If so, let us know.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 02-19-2009 at 06:03 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
sigrosenblum
sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle and Mobipocket
First, thanks. This will be a big help to all of us, I am sure!

Next, a quick overview: I have three books in the Kindle and Mobipocket formats. Here they are:

1. "Assignment in Antibua"--A well-reviewed mystery. Check the opinions on Amazon.

2. "Spymaster: 'Wild Bill' Donovan, Father of the CIA "--derring-do from a colorful character who could have been president of the US, except for a fluke and who, according to Churchill, helped shorten WWII appreciably.

3. "Julius Caesar: A Brief Biography"--A popular--not academic--view of the noblest Roman of them all. Suitable for young adults, as well.

4. See my blog--just starting on Amazon. I plan to be helpful, not promotional. Have I kept my word?

5. You might want to check out my site, as well. First chapters are there, including those for upcoming books. The URL is http://sigrosenblum.7p.com/

Thanks for your interest!

Sig Rosenblum

Last edited by sigrosenblum; 02-20-2009 at 12:43 AM.
sigrosenblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
KevisHendrickson
Zealot
KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for giving me the chance to introduce my book. I released my first novel The Legend of Witch Bane on Amazon's kindle about 2 months ago. I have priced my kindle book at 99 cents to give readers a chance to read my book at very little risk to their wallets. I'm hoping the word will get out that I have a book worth reading. The Legend of Witch Bane will remain at 99 cents until the end of May. Thanks everyone and I hope you decide to give my book a try.

Link to sales page:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001U3YKRU

Last edited by KevisHendrickson; 05-11-2009 at 06:12 PM.
KevisHendrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Perfect timing.

My book, "His Robot Girlfriend" is available today on Smashwords.com in .mobi .epub .lrf & .pdf.

This is a short novel (about 45,000 words) set about twenty five years in the future at a time when robots are common. Mike, a middle-aged school teacher whose wife has died and whose children have grown up, watches an add for the Daffodil. Far more than other robots, the Daffodil can be anything and everything you want it to be.

I invite everyone to download and read "His Robot Girlfriend". It is a free ebook. You can find it at http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1864

Thanks.

P.S. I would love to hear any feedback. Contact my by email, or stop by my blog: http://amathar.blogspot.com

Last edited by HistoryWes; 05-11-2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Fixing the URL. Eeek!
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
sherryk_us
writer/reader
sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs 950, Sony prs 505 and REB 1200
My erotic paranormal short novella, "The Ghost Amethyst" is available as an ebook from Fictionwise and Eternal Press right now! (It's also in hard copy at Amazon.) It was released on my birthday May 7th from Eternal Press. It's the story of a man haunted by two women, one living one dead. Which one will win his heart--forever?

Sorry for the shameless promotion. I do tend to get excited about my own writing!

Sherry

Sherry King's Paranormal Romance Stories
Heroes and Lovers. Madmen and Monsters.
We're all a bit of each deep down.
http://sherryking-paranormalromance-books.com/
sherryk_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
sherryk_us
writer/reader
sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs 950, Sony prs 505 and REB 1200
I like your title...Going to go read about it on Amazon.

Sherry

Sherry King's Paranormal Romance Stories
Heroes and Lovers. Madmen and Monsters.
We're all a bit of each deep down.
http://sherryking-paranormalromance-books.com/
sherryk_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I initially misread the title's intent and will, I hope to nobody's irritation, answer that question instead of the precise one posed.

I did not digitize any books I've written, but I have recently digitized (and, arguably, not quite finished yet) a Hungarian language "Language Arts" school textbook published in 1871. It is fascinating to see how language changes over time.

I am also in the early stages of trying to digitize the full and complete 1910 Lionel Giles translation of "The Art of War". The eBook I've uploaded already for testing on here is the unannotated edition. The project I am pursuing will ultimately newly typeset the full translation, complete with all the commentaries and annotations, along with all embedded Chinese Hanzi characters, along with whatever else that fabulously complex and thorough old book throws my way.
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:02 AM   #8
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevisHendrickson View Post
I released my first novel The Legend of Witch Bane on Amazon's kindle about 2 months ago. I have priced my kindle book at 99 cents to give readers a chance to read my book at very little risk to their wallets. I'm hoping the word will get out that I have a book worth reading.
You do realise that you have prevented everyone in the world who does not live in North America from having any chance of reading your book at any price?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:12 AM   #9
KevisHendrickson
Zealot
KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

AlexBell,

Unfortunately, I am aware of this problem. I attempted to publish my book on MobiPocket only days ago, but my publisher encrypts the Pdf's they send me which prevents me from publishing my book on MobiPocket. I have contacted my publisher about this issue, but they have not responded to me as yet.

I will continue to fight the good fight so that everyone in the world who wants to can read my book. If my publisher does not come up with a reasonable solution to this problem, I will have to set my sights on publishing my books with someone else who does care about my ability to reach the people who are interested in my books. I truly thank you for your interest and hope to have this problem resolved very soon.
KevisHendrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #10
HollyChristine
HollyChristine began at the beginning.

Location: Pittsburgh: The land of bridges, tunnels, champions and salads with fries
My novel is The Nine Lives of Clemenza. It's a spiritual tale of the journey of one soul through nine lives. Clemenza can become anything she wishes. Her lives include air, the Northern Lights and cancer.

It's only $.80 for Kindle and up in the top 100 for LITERARY FICTION! Yesterday, it was placed next to Revolutionary Road and A Mercy. I almost cried!

http://www.amazon.com/Nine-Lives-Cle...4127966&sr=8-2

You can check out professional reviews on my website, http://www.hollychristineonline.com
HollyChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #11
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
My new book is available now at http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/2133. It is a free ebook. I've given a longer blurb in the Deals and Freebies subsection.

I don't know if this book is a novella or a short story, but it is short-- just over 20,000 words

It is a comedy/fantasy tale about an Adventurer/Story-teller named Eaglethorpe Buxton, and I hope to make it the first of a series of books. I was shooting for a light Terry Pratchett-esque sort of tale. Let me know if you like it.

Now I'm working on a second edition of my first book Princess of Amathar, which I hope to have done in a few weeks.

Last edited by HistoryWes; 06-04-2009 at 11:47 AM.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:51 AM   #12
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevisHendrickson View Post
AlexBell,

Unfortunately, I am aware of this problem. I attempted to publish my book on MobiPocket only days ago, but my publisher encrypts the Pdf's they send me which prevents me from publishing my book on MobiPocket. I have contacted my publisher about this issue, but they have not responded to me as yet.

I will continue to fight the good fight so that everyone in the world who wants to can read my book. If my publisher does not come up with a reasonable solution to this problem, I will have to set my sights on publishing my books with someone else who does care about my ability to reach the people who are interested in my books. I truly thank you for your interest and hope to have this problem resolved very soon.
Many thanks for your response. I look forward to reading your books when they are available to me.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #13
Lonnie
Lonnie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Morning everyone,

My name is Lonnie Cruse and I live in Metropolis, Illinois, home of the famous Superman statue. I write the Metropolis Mystery Series featuring Sheriff Joe Dalton, his deputies, and his family. The titles are MURDER IN METROPOLIS, MURDER BEYOND METROPOLIS, MARRIED IN METROPOLIS, and MALICE IN METROPOLIS. The first is an e-book under $1 on Amazon and the other three are under $5. I have a webpage at: http://www.lonniecruse.com where you can see a picture of the statue and pictures of Metropolis, IL, a neat small town.

I have another series, the Kitty Bloodworth/'57 Chevy series published by Five Star. The second is due out in '10. Those are not available as e-books . . . yet. I'm hoping.

My books are light, clean reads. I hope you will check them out. Thanks for starting this thread.
Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote