Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-01-2010, 01:31 AM   #1
cahocking
Ab Fab Dahhling!
cahocking can extract oil from cheesecahocking can extract oil from cheesecahocking can extract oil from cheesecahocking can extract oil from cheesecahocking can extract oil from cheesecahocking can extract oil from cheesecahocking can extract oil from cheesecahocking can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
I'm thrilled to announce my books have gone Kindle!

Hello MobileRead participants. I'm C. A. HOCKING and I've joined MobileRead to announce that both my books have now gone Kindle on Amazon for $1.99 each after three years in the "old fashioned" paperback form. I am hoping to expand my readership through this modern medium and look forward to reader feedback through these forums. My first novel, A PLACE IN TIME, was shortlisted for an Australian literary award in 2007 (dash it all, I didn't win!), and my second novel, DAMAGED GOODS has already outsold the first. If you like good dark dramatic fiction, then I recommend my books - naturally! Regards to you all.
cahocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:43 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahocking View Post
Hello MobileRead participants. I'm C. A. HOCKING and I've joined MobileRead to announce that both my books have now gone Kindle on Amazon for $1.99 each after three years in the "old fashioned" paperback form. I am hoping to expand my readership through this modern medium and look forward to reader feedback through these forums. My first novel, A PLACE IN TIME, was shortlisted for an Australian literary award in 2007 (dash it all, I didn't win!), and my second novel, DAMAGED GOODS has already outsold the first. If you like good dark dramatic fiction, then I recommend my books - naturally! Regards to you all.
Are you going to be putting your eBooks up some other place (not Smahswords please as I'd rather handcrafted then meatgrinder). that supports ePub for the same price? If you do, I would be inclined to check them out and see if I might like them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 02:04 AM   #3
cahocking
Ab Fab Dahhling!
cahocking can extract oil from cheesecahocking can extract oil from cheesecahocking can extract oil from cheesecahocking can extract oil from cheesecahocking can extract oil from cheesecahocking can extract oil from cheesecahocking can extract oil from cheesecahocking can extract oil from cheese

Hello Jon

Haven't got around to doing any of that yet as I'm still new to this medium, have been published in paperback only to date, but will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:27 AM   #4
cahocking
Ab Fab Dahhling!

Hello again Jon.

I've just been informed by an IT wizard that a software program called Calibre will convert my Kindle books into other formats for other readers. He has provided me with this link: http://calibre-ebook.com/

You probably already know about this, but as I said before, I'm new to this medium and still wearing my L-plates.

With Kind Regards.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:58 AM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hi and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good luck with your Kindle titles, CA. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #7
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello and welcome. Good luck with your books.
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #8
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Just downloaded a sample of the book A Place in Time to "try before I buy".
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #9
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Hi, welcome to MR and good luck with your books.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #10
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!~1!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #11
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Hello again Jon.

I've just been informed by an IT wizard that a software program called Calibre will convert my Kindle books into other formats for other readers. He has provided me with this link: http://calibre-ebook.com/

You probably already know about this, but as I said before, I'm new to this medium and still wearing my L-plates.

With Kind Regards.
But there are a lot of people out there who do not know how to convert eBooks. If your eBooks have DRM, then that's yet another hurdle for a lot of people. Providing eBooks in native formats is the best way to do it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
We hope that you will also contribute to our community through discussion in the many different Forums.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #14
cahocking
Ab Fab Dahhling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
We hope that you will also contribute to our community through discussion in the many different Forums.

Don
(Moderator)
Thanks for the gee-up Don, I will make more of an effort, and I LOVE Rocket Ship to Quasimodo Sector: Chpt. 6. Keep it coming!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Welcome to MobileRead, cahocking.

By limiting yourself to .mobi format, you are excluding many other e-book readers.......this forum is world wide, and probably the majority of people do not have Kindles.

Expecting them to convert with Calibre, instead of offering it as a format, is probably not the best marketing decision.

Just a thought.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote