Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-13-2019, 06:10 AM   #1
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Font display 2019.1.1

Using KOReader 2019.1.1 to read an epub file I am now having problems with the font display.

Effectively I can select a specific font using the menu but the text is not displayed in that font. The most obvious case is shown in the attached where I have selected a sans-serif font but text is displayed in a serif one.

This occurs both with fonts supplied with KOReader and with ones I have loaded. I've used a sans-serif font as an example as it is most visually obvious but it also occurs with serif and monospace fonts.

I'm not sure what has changed - things were fine before the 2019 update.

AIUI fonts should go into the adds/koreader/fonts/ directory. I noticed some errors in the crash.log like :

Code:
01/11/19-17:00:43 ERROR failed to register crengine font: cannot register font </mnt/onboard/fonts/Bitter-Bold.otf>
01/11/19-17:00:43 ERROR failed to register crengine font: cannot register font </mnt/onboard/fonts/Bitter-BoldItalic.otf>
01/11/19-17:00:43 ERROR failed to register crengine font: cannot register font </mnt/onboard/fonts/Bitter-Italic.otf>
01/11/19-17:00:43 ERROR failed to register crengine font: cannot register font </mnt/onboard/fonts/Bitter-Regular.otf>
but they seem to be because I had the same fonts also in /mnt/onboard/fonts for use with nickel so they were duplicated. If I have a font in /mnt/onboard/fonts is there any need to also have it in adds/koreader/fonts/ .

The Noto Sans font which I have used in the attached example is not duplicated.

BobC

====================
EDIT
Hang fire on this - I think I have found out what is happening and it is to do with fonts declared in the css overriding the selected font. I thought de-selecting "embedded fonts" would allow me to change the document font but it doesn't seem to do that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2019-Jan-13_102702.png
Views:	64
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	169042  

Last edited by BobC; 01-13-2019 at 06:31 AM.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:59 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Yeah, duplicate fonts is one way to cause such a warning .

IIRC, there's a Style tweak to deal with books like that with annoying font-family properties...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert