Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
oksahmof2
oksahmof2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hi from OK, USA

I'm on the hunt for an ebook reader so I'm lurking on some of the forums gleaning knowledge from all you owners of ebook readers. I'm a book lover and have bookshelves overflowing with books. Never thought I would consider one of these but here I am! I homeschool my kids and thought I would be nice to have an ebook reader to put some of the classic books on so when we're reading them we wouldn't have to have 2 copies! You know, that would take up less bookshelf space!

Looking forward to reading more comments on the Kobo and the Pandigital Novel when it comes out.

Oksahmof2
oksahmof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hya, OK. Good to have your company. Do take a look at the *Which One Should I Buy?* thread. The very simplest of readers will present the classics very well for you -- and they're all free (some beautifully prepared versions here at MR from generous members), so you can slip them onto any device you like.

With home schooling, though, you may also need something that will handle more complex books well -- those with graphs and tables and illustrations, etc -- so be sure to look around before taking the plunge.

Very best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!

happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello oksahmof2, and Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome wreath.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	52673 to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello and welcome to MR!
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Oksahmof2 and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 for two and a half years and really like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #7
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hi and welcome to MR!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #8
oksahmof2
oksahmof2 began at the beginning.

Thanks for all the welcomes. Still looking for an ebook reader. Thought I had my mind all made up for an iPad but still can't justify spending $500 for it. I have a laptop so I don't need a replacement. So now I'm leaning toward the Pandigital Novel...I know, I know...it's very similar to the iPad but a whole lot cheaper. Plus I would like to play around with the Android operating system. (We don't have any smartphones and don't want to have to pay for a data plan.) So if anyone has any opinions please share.
oksahmof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #9
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello Oksahmof2 and welcome to MobileRead! Great to see you join us here!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:37 AM   #10
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Hello and welcome The wiki, under technology may help ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote