Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Who mentioned listening to thunderstorms? Download won't work

I can't remember where I saw it for the life of me but someone mentioned that they listen to thunderstorm sounds on their reader and I'm kinda sorta interested in doing that as well. Does it mess you up when your reading a book where the setting takes place somewhere cold? I'm not trying to be stupid (although it seems when I'm not trying that's when the stupidest part of me emerges) but I'm just wondering. Are they real storms or is it something made up in a soundroom?

Last edited by emonti8384; 02-23-2010 at 10:54 PM.
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
HERE.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't think that was it. Keep looking!!!!

Seriously, I have no idea where I saw it but I saw it in a post last night and I can't remember which post it was. It was in the lounge and it was within the first, I dunno, say 30 pages?

Help me!!!!!!

Thanks for the effort GeoffC!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I don't know anything about the thread, but I LOVE listening to stuff like that! back in the 70s and 80s a bunch of albums came out with; thunderstorms, surf, wind, train in the distance, whales, and a beating heart (I couldn't stand that one!). they would be pretty cool on your reader especially if you were reading in a slightly noisy area. you could have your own version of white noise!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:08 PM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I don't know anything about the thread, but I LOVE listening to stuff like that! back in the 70s and 80s a bunch of albums came out with; thunderstorms, surf, wind, train in the distance, whales, and a beating heart (I couldn't stand that one!). they would be pretty cool on your reader especially if you were reading in a slightly noisy area. you could have your own version of white noise!
You can still get these as CDs on Amazon - guess you could convert to mp3 and load onto your reader?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2010, 04:24 PM   #6
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

That's what the goal is but I don't want to get one that's annoying. The one I think I want is like $15 and the site says it's a genuine thunderstorm. Then again, they have all said that, lol. I don't want one where every 2 secs there's thunder booming and it's annoying. I'm looking for something natural.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:05 PM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
the ones I recall were very natural/normal
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:31 PM   #8
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

Okay, getting irritated. Went to this site and bought this mp3http://www.peacepond.com/Tstrm.htm
When I click download it downloads it straight to Windows Media Player and I can't get it onto my reader for anything. What am I doing wrong? Can somebody (that has Windows) try this? Do all MP3's do this?

I can't even drag and drop it anywhere but "playlist". So, I can't see this in my library, it's like it doesn't exist unless I go to now playing

Last edited by emonti8384; 02-23-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:57 AM   #9
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
emonti8384

If you have Flashget then it will definitely download and create an mp3 file. I got the Surf one from the site you mentioned. It's great; plays well as an mp3 file. Just like being near the ocean.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:20 AM   #10
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
Okay, getting irritated. Went to this site and bought this mp3http://www.peacepond.com/Tstrm.htm
When I click download it downloads it straight to Windows Media Player and I can't get it onto my reader for anything. What am I doing wrong? Can somebody (that has Windows) try this? Do all MP3's do this?

I can't even drag and drop it anywhere but "playlist". So, I can't see this in my library, it's like it doesn't exist unless I go to now playing

what you have there is not an mp3 file . it needs to be 'converted' - do you still need the post finding to which you referred in your first post ?
Old 02-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #11
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

If I can find the post it would be nice just to figure out who the he!! it was that mentioned it. So I use this flashget to convert it over and it will be ok? Whew! I was getting very unhappy very quick, lol!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #12
GeoffC

well, after viewing 61 posts mentioning thunderstorm, I'm no closer than I was before I started....you sure it was in MR ....
Old 02-24-2010, 09:36 AM   #13
GeoffC

Alternatively ....

Thunderstorms

Relax with nature

Essence of Magic
Old 02-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #14
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

I downloaded version 3.3 and it's taking forever; is that normal?

K, downloaded it and for some reason it doesn't show up on my reader. If I plug the reader in I can right click on the song and left click on "Send to" and it gives me a list of the different places I can send it. I look and it's on my reader. When I unplug the reader and go to audio there's nothing there. Plug it in again and view files on reader-it says it's there.

Did I not convert it over right or something?

Last edited by emonti8384; 02-24-2010 at 05:00 PM.