Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
bayke
bayke began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Ebook Reader System

Hii friends , this is my first article .

I am an electronic engineer , we are three friends and interested in ebook base - network system or selling syste on web or ... .

We don't want to sell ebook reader because we are not big company and , It needs so much money and more things ...
Ebook reader isn't used in my country , maybe it will be after 1 year or more . Now we are thinking are doing something about ebook reader system ...

What is your advices , what should we do ?

Last edited by bayke; 01-29-2010 at 10:59 AM.
bayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
bayke
bayke began at the beginning.

Device: nook
any answer ?
bayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
To be honest I do not understand what question you are actually asking.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #4
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
What is an ebook reader system?
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Bayke,

I did not understand your question either.

Are you asking how you can become an ebook seller? Similar to Amazon, Fictionwise, Barnes and Noble, etc? Online sales and software distribution software exists, but I am not familiar with it. I imagine that any of the online retailers using third-party sales software should be able to give you more information.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #6
TogTogTogTog
TogTogTogTog began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Online eBook Site
If you're planning on building an online distribution system for ebook readers. I would recommend not to. You would have to build a website and distribution service that offers something that Amazon/B&N/iBooks etc. does not. Books also have ridiculous copyright distribution problems.

If your country does not currently have access to ebooks (certain countries for legal reasons aren't selling ebooks yet) you may be able to make a country-only distribution system. But for that you would need publisher support, the actual electronic books, a way to safely check credit card locality (legal issue again) and charge to Paypal. All while offering a lower price then elsewhere.

eReader OS
If you're thinking about building an actual operating system/programs for eReaders I'd take a look at the Nook. It runs the Google Android OS so mucking around, editing and changing that would be vastly easier then any other eReader's OS.

eReader Software
If you're thinking about building a piece of sellable software in the vein of Calibre (this is what I think your talking about). Then I would recommend building something that can convert almost all formats to any other one to cover all eReaders. I would make it clean and simple as people like one click buttons to sync books etc. and I would probably have the ability to edit Meta-date for books and upload to a website so you can quickly build a large and correct database of books with correct meta-date.

If you are doing option 3 I would instead recommend you work on designing a conversion tool that can convert PDF documents to say ePub quickly and correctly. No one really has a way to convert PDF probably without it fucking up. If you could build that... Amazon, B&N, Sony, Apple would all want to lease or buy it from you.
TogTogTogTog is offline   Reply With Quote