Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-22-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
badr
badr began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
problem with calibre converting pdf to lrf

Hi everyone,

Has anyone faced this problem using calibre, tried searching for hours now but unable to find any one with similar problem.
Would really appreciate any tips.

It only happens when converting pdf to lrf... any way the error i get is:

ConversionError: 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Failed to perform job: Convert book:PPK-Block2
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 139, in run_job
File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.pyo", line 161, in main
File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.pyo", line 134, in process_file
File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\pdf\convert_from.pyo", line 60, in process_file
File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\pdf\convert_from.pyo", line 39, in generate_html
ConversionError: 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Log:
[INFO] convert_from.pyo:35:

Thanks in advance
badr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure the calibre install directory is in your PATH. A simple re-install should do the trick. Otherwise google will tell you how to edit the PATH variable in windows.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
atesta
Banned
atesta began at the beginning.

Device: TBA
Same problem here. Reinstalled and checked that calibre's directory is on the Path variable on Windows. Still not working.

It was working fine before upgrading from libprs500 to Calibre.

Thanks for your help!
atesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:18 PM   #4
themoores1us
themoores1us began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
I also have the same problem with the exact same error message in Windows XP , checked path variable and it was O.K.

Jim
themoores1us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My mistake, will be fixed in the next release.
Advert
Old 05-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #6
badr
badr began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Thanks for the quick response. Tried what you told me first reinstalling then i checked the PATH and it seemed to be correct. So since my error was relating to "C:\Program" and should have been "C:\Program Files" thought the space was the problem, and so installed the program again under C:\calibre and it worked.

Thumbs up for the program by the way, great work. As I feel the program has helped me alot and you provide it for free and free support i am willing to Donate for such a program, so not forcing people to pay money is also good as some people might not be able to afford it, i think this program is worth a donation and so will make a contribution. Just keep up the good work...

badr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Glad you find it useful and thanks for the donation, much appreciated
Old 05-22-2008, 08:26 PM   #8
mlove
Cat-loving cyclist
mlove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, IPhone
I have a different problem, on my Mac. I converted some PDFs and didn't get an error but evidently no content was converted, which froze my 505 when I tried to open the documents. When I tried looking at the documents on calibre, I got this kind of error:

'PageTree' object has no attribute '_contents'
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/lrf_renderer/main.pyo", line 177, in parsed
File "calibre/gui2/lrf_renderer/document.pyo", line 471, in render
File "calibre/ebooks/lrf/objects.pyo", line 186, in __iter__
AttributeError: 'PageTree' object has no attribute '_contents'

Last edited by mlove; 05-22-2008 at 08:27 PM. Reason: needed to add a few words of clarification
mlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:24 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

that happens sometimes with DRMed PDF files as calibre respects the copying restrictions on the PDF.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:36 AM   #10
Catttt
Avid Reader
Catttt began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Talking

Thanks Badr for posting your fix. I had the same problem today, used your fix, and it worked. YAY.

Kovid, you are on my heroes list. Thank you so much for calibre. I recommended it in my Sony Reader review on Amazon and just straightened out a problem with PayPal so that I could donate. Two issues solved in one hour!

Catttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:38 AM   #11
mlove
Cat-loving cyclist
mlove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, IPhone
I'm not sure that these are DRMd since they are being posted on a password-protected website for a class and some of them actually convert correctly. But at this point I will just keep them as PDFs since there are a lot of readings and I have to take them to Italy with me (that's where the class will be).
mlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:16 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Attach one of these PDFs here.