Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-31-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Thumbs up Haunted Hits: Get 20 Amazon Coins with each of these 6 FREE apps!

Haunted Hits: You can get 20 Amazon Coins for each free app "purchase" (a total of 120 coins). Here's the link (see the "Free App of the Day - Haunted Hits" section on that page).

These are the six free apps that will give you 20 coins each:

Greedy Spiders
Ghost Radar®: CONNECT
Age of Zombies
Slender Man! Chapter 1: Alone
Zombie Highway
Zig Zag Zombie HD (Kindle Tablet Edition)—Note: I was able to "purchase" this for my non-Kindle tablets
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Only got 40 coins out of this one. Already had four of the apps.

Note: unlike purchased coins (which never expire), promotional coins expire in a year.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Only got 40 coins out of this one. Already had four of the apps.
I got all 120 coins because I didn't have any of the six apps.

I keep a list of all coins earned and their one-year expiration dates. I'm saving them up so I can get a more costly app that I really want. That'll take a while.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
I am confused about the coins. I have a Samsung Android table and could get those games. When I got the games it said I earned 20 coins each time. Do the coins do me any good since I don't have a Fire?
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I got all 120 coins because I didn't have any of the six apps.

I keep a list of all coins earned and their one-year expiration dates. I'm saving them up so I can get a more costly app that I really want. That'll take a while.
How many do you have? and how long has Amazon been doing these offers?

I have 1060 coins. Because I always claim the FAOTD, I lose out on a few of the coin offers (some are previous FAOTD). I didn't realize Amazon was giving coins away until I accidentally stumbled on an offer earlier this month.
Advert
Old 10-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Apparently, if you really, really want the coins, you can delete the version you got free and repurchase (you can only get coins once per app, so you can't do this over and over).

Of course, you have to find the app in your list of apps, which has zero search ability, first.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
I am confused about the coins. I have a Samsung Android table and could get those games. When I got the games it said I earned 20 coins each time. Do the coins do me any good since I don't have a Fire?
When you accumulate enough Amazon Coins, you can purchase other apps with them. I don't believe that you need to have a Kindle Fire to do so. (Does anyone know that for sure? I don't have a Fire, but it looks like I can buy apps with coins at Amazon.com and use the apps on my compatible Android tablets.)

If you're signed in to your Amazon account, you'll see something like this near an app's Buy button that shows how many coins you have already and how many you need to purchase the app:

If you don't have enough coins, it'll tell you so. You can purchase more coins if you wish: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0096E8CQA.

More information about the Amazon Coins program can be found here.

Quote:
How many do you have? and how long has Amazon been doing these offers?

I have 1060 coins. Because I always claim the FAOTD, I lose out on a few of the coin offers (some are previous FAOTD). I didn't realize Amazon was giving coins away until I accidentally stumbled on an offer earlier this month.
I have accumulated only 220 coins so far. I also discovered the free coins just recently. I wish there was some way to know where to find them. I seem to miss posts about that, although I did see one of yours here at MR not long ago and snagged a few then.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 10-31-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I have accumulated only 220 coins so far. I also discovered the free coins just recently. I wish there was some way to know where to find them. I seem to miss posts about that, although I did see one of yours here at MR not long ago and snagged a few then.
When Amazon launched Amazon Coins last May, they gave away 500 coins to owners of Kindle Fires. That's where I got my first round of coins. By chance, I was scanning the specials in the Appstore on my Fire HD on 19 Oct, when I stumbled on a special that offered 20 coins each for 23 free apps. That's where I got my next batch of coins. Since then, I've been scanning my Fire for these offers and picked up two more batches; including today. I saw this offer earlier today, but hadn't gotten around to posting it yet. You beat me to it.

There's no way to know, except to check the Appstore each day.

I haven't spent any coins yet. I'm waiting to spend them on Audubon Field Guides the next time they go on sale.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:21 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Apparently, if you really, really want the coins, you can delete the version you got free and repurchase (you can only get coins once per app, so you can't do this over and over).

Of course, you have to find the app in your list of apps, which has zero search ability, first.
Thanks for the tip. Just added another 80 coins to my account.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #10
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
By chance, I was scanning the specials in the Appstore on my Fire HD on 19 Oct, when I stumbled on a special that offered 20 coins each for 23 free apps. That's where I got my next batch of coins.
Unfortunately, I missed out on that one. That was a great find!
Old 10-31-2013, 09:01 PM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Unfortunately, I missed out on that one. That was a great find!
I saw it late in the evening and couldn't get to a computer to post it before it expired at midnight.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:39 PM   #12
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
When you accumulate enough Amazon Coins, you can purchase other apps with them. I don't believe that you need to have a Kindle Fire to do so.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote