Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
Jeff1192
Connoisseur
Jeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo touch
Aura showing wrong time

Anyone having an issue where their Aura shows the wrong time? From day one my Aura has been showing 15 minutes behind actual time. When I try to adjust it, it would appear that there is no way to do so as it seems to take it's time from the internet. I tried connecting it to a couple different wifi networks but I still have the same issue.

It's obviously not a major problem but it would be nice if it showed the proper time.

Any ideas?

Jeff
Jeff1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1192 View Post
Anyone having an issue where their Aura shows the wrong time? From day one my Aura has been showing 15 minutes behind actual time. When I try to adjust it, it would appear that there is no way to do so as it seems to take it's time from the internet. I tried connecting it to a couple different wifi networks but I still have the same issue.

It's obviously not a major problem but it would be nice if it showed the proper time.

Any ideas?

Jeff
The time isn't really set by the internet (tho it kinda corrects it as long as you are actually connected, i believe). There is a place to set it.

Go into settings, go into "Date and time"...touch the panel that lists "time"....change the time and click "set". This can also be done with the date and time zone, if either of those are ever wrong....say when travelling.
(If you already did all the following with wifi on, turn off your wifi...but it shouldn't make a difference.)
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
Jeff1192
Connoisseur
Jeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo touch
Haha...wow....feel kinda stupid. As soon as I saw on thebotttom of the screen that it said time was set by the internet I didn't even attempt to change it.

Thanks for the help. I'll go stand in the corner feeling shame for a bit.

Jeff
Jeff1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Haha...wow....feel kinda stupid. As soon as I saw on thebotttom of the screen that it said time was set by the internet I didn't even attempt to change it.

Jeff
Glad it helped. I'm sure you're not the only one. Enjoy your correct time!
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:37 AM   #5
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:

Jeff
at least you did not call the Kobo helpline: I did so you'll find me in the corner!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert