Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
koelti92
koelti92 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Question Some questions about rooting the PRS-T1 with rupor's AMR

Hey,

Since a couple of days I also have the PRS T1 and now I want to root it. It looks like the root of rupor is clearly more recent and so I want to root with AMR.
To be sure I have a few questions:
1) Is it possible to unroot the reader later? If so, how?
2) Is the Google framework and Apps2SD already integrated?
3) Has anyone made ​​experiences with the warranty from Sony? Has they tolerated the root or is the reader simply excluded from warranty?
4) If there is a new version of the root package, how can I update this?

Thank you for your help!!
koelti92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
schorsch-lukas
schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 with Rupor's (minimal/AMR) Root Package
Rooting Instructions are here, there is a possibility to make a backup of the reader beforehand, you have to look for it in one of the russian threads.

app2sd needs to be set-up additionally, but i've encountered a space problem here. maybe you know a solution.

market is available somewhere, but you can sideload everything you need, basically. the wiki was a good guide for me, since many apps will flash your eyes out, really.

you can update by flashing the newer AMR over the old one, I read in a rupor post on another thread around here.

Basically everything is covered by the wiki.

Last edited by schorsch-lukas; 05-27-2012 at 02:47 PM.
schorsch-lukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
koelti92

Thank you a lot for your response. The backup is really helpful! I thought that I can only backup a rooted device, but that isn't true.

I cannot open your second link with the app2sd problem. The browser only opens your profile.

for all!

P.S.: From which country do you come? Your nick sounds very german. Is that right?
Old 05-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #4
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
I am using Google Play (market) from here. Version 2.21, It works - but I do not think it is really that useful to be integrated into firmware.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
koelti92

In the meantime I have rooted the reader. Also I have installed the market.
I have only one question: With app2sd I can only move a few apps. Is there a possibility to move all apps?
Advert
Old 05-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
There is no standard Android way to move all apps to SD, however you could use Link2SD hack to achieve similar results - depending on what you are doing.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #7
koelti92

Okay, thank you for your answer. In that case I'm going to intall Link2SD...
Old 05-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #8
schorsch-lukas
schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

hi koelti!
i fixed the link, sorry. But it was answered by rupor now.

have you discovered any good apps via google play that are useful for the T1?

I can highly recommend the no refresh mode hack if you want to use a lot of the market apps.

p.s. yeah, you've caught me

and @rupor: i totally agree with keeping the rooting kit as small and clean as possible and let users choose the rest. tc+su are just the right choice to get started. the wiki has so many app suggestions...

Last edited by schorsch-lukas; 05-27-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #9
koelti92

I don't discovered apps that are specifically useful for the T1, but many that I use regularly on the phone and also wanted to have on the T1
The "no refresh mode hack" I have already installed, but in my opinion there is no difference between the two possibilities...

p.s. von wo kommst du denn? ich bin salzburger :P
Old 05-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #10
schorsch-lukas

ah okay! i didn't get the market yet because i know it autostarts and will drain a lot of battery. but please keep us updated!

most of the apps from the wiki you can install directly. i just wanted fbreader and a decent pdf reader. if you install the no refresh app, you'll get a enable/disable app on page 3. with a tool like bar-shortcuts you can access them from everywhere, which really improved my experience!

p.s.: NRW
Old 05-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #11
koelti92

hm... battery drain could be. but i can't validate it, because i have the reader only for a couple of days and no reference values.
the enable/disable apps on page 3 i found, but in my opinion there was no difference. now i tried it again and it seems that the no-refresh-mode is automatically deactivated after a short time or sometimes isn't activated at all.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #12
schorsch-lukas

i had the same problem. As soon as you select something from the first page or one of these selection menus within a app pops up, it gets disabled again. but it works if you avoid these 2 factors. for example, start the no-refresh from page 3, then start the other app of your choice from there. (or your status bar)
Old 05-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #13
koelti92

thank you for this info
Old 05-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #14
schorsch-lukas

you're welcome!
have fun with your new ereader! (sony is really the best)

oh, and maybe, if you'll figure out a good music app with controls in the status bar / sound boost. please let me know!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #15
koelti92

I have tried "Google Play Music". At my SGS2 this app has controls in the status bar, but none at the T1.
If I find an app, I will post it here.

[Edit]: I can't use the "no-refresh app". Every time when I scroll, the no-refresh mode is deactivated afterwards. Doesn't matter which app I use...

Last edited by koelti92; 05-28-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Tags
amr, prs-t1, root, rupor