Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-02-2015, 11:10 PM   #151
Docno
Connoisseur
Docno has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad2
I don't know if this helps or is relevant, but it seems that sometimes it takes a while for your annotations to be loaded back into a book (at least on the iPad). I downloaded and opened a couple of books yesterday that I'd previously finished reading some months back, and initially the annotations did not appear. I thought they were gone. But when I checked some time later, they had appeared. In one case, I had to remove and reload a book a couple of times before the annotations came back, but I can't be sure if this is what made the difference.
Docno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:51 AM   #152
vandafc
Connoisseur
vandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kindle 3
As a non-fiction reader, It would be very useful - when you select a piece of text - to publish it directly on Twitter.

I found a great example on the web:
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-03-02 12_02_31-_SailBoat Exercise_ - Iron.png
Views:	646
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	135585
vandafc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2015, 09:34 AM   #153
tk421
tk421 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
So basically, the annotations sync is complete garbage. This is a huge letdown, since it is one of the main selling points of ereaders.

Kobo is a broken service. If a large screen Kindle was released there would be no reason to use Kobo. It's a buggy nightmare! It reminds me of the days of Palm OS 5.2 devices. (i.e. FrankenGarnet, for those of you who remember.)

Kindle might be closed, but at least it's working.
tk421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 06:55 PM   #154
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
If the apps supported sideloaded content and annotation sync across all devices (including Mac and PC), that'd put Kobo far ahead of the competition... it would have to work reliably of course...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:40 AM   #155
avresbo
Enthusiast
avresbo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD / Kobo Libra H2O
Clock at the bottom corner

I would like an option to show the clock at the bar at the bottom that shows your progress, sharing it.

Also, an option to activate/deactivate the confortlight along the left side of the screen.

Thanks for "mobilread"

Last edited by avresbo; 07-11-2015 at 06:48 AM.
avresbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2016, 07:35 AM   #156
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Has bookmark syncing been turned off? Because of https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=271762, I tested the bookmark syncing between all the Kobo devices and apps. I didn't get anything syncs happening. Has something changed?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 05:40 AM   #157
salinda
salinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watch

Device: kobo glo, bebook club s
there are a lot of bugs in the ios app from kobo, often to read a book i must empty the cache of the app and start all over again, log in and download the books
i don't like it either that i cannot buy a book within the app
salinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 05:51 AM   #158
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salinda View Post
i don't like it either that i cannot buy a book within the app
I believe the reason for this is that Apple take a 30% cut of any in-app purchases.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:30 PM   #159
0rchid
0rchid knows the square root of minus one.0rchid knows the square root of minus one.0rchid knows the square root of minus one.0rchid knows the square root of minus one.0rchid knows the square root of minus one.0rchid knows the square root of minus one.0rchid knows the square root of minus one.0rchid knows the square root of minus one.0rchid knows the square root of minus one.0rchid knows the square root of minus one.0rchid knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Glo
I have a kobo glo, and it'd be fantastic if I can see which books are put under which "Collections" at a glance.

I've had to sign out my account due to a corrupt database and now that I've signed back in, all the titles for my collections are restored but none of my books are under any of them, which means I'll have to go through re-classifying them one by one. I know I can sort off-loaded books with Calibre but not all my books are on it, and there's no way of telling which ones aren't.
0rchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:15 PM   #160
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rchid View Post
I have a kobo glo, and it'd be fantastic if I can see which books are put under which "Collections" at a glance.

I've had to sign out my account due to a corrupt database and now that I've signed back in, all the titles for my collections are restored but none of my books are under any of them, which means I'll have to go through re-classifying them one by one. I know I can sort off-loaded books with Calibre but not all my books are on it, and there's no way of telling which ones aren't.
In calibre, the "Device list" should show all the books on the device. Anything with a tick in the first column matches a book in your calibre library. The collections column in the list will display the current collections the books are in for all books.

Personally, I add all my books to calibre, no matter what the source. For books purchased from Kobo, download the epub version and add them. These then match to the copies downloaded directly to the device. If you don't want the copies in two places, you can also add the book as an empty book in calibre. This is just recording the metadata of the book without a format. Doing either of these will allow you to use calibre to manage the collections for all books on the device.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:21 AM   #161
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
If the apps supported sideloaded content and annotation sync across all devices (including Mac and PC), that'd put Kobo far ahead of the competition... it would have to work reliably of course...
That feature I'm dreaming of.
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote