Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Any tips for scrolling through the library

Hi,

just a minor annoyance I have found and wondering if anyone has any tips

when I am looking through my library for something new to read instead of scrolling it keeps opening up books that i am not wanting to read.

its a minor annoyance as i keeps giving me an award for starting a book i didnt want to read and then bookmarking it (some books i can get back to unread status but not all)

Thanks
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
That's a major annoyance with the touchscreen no matter what you're doing, whether scrolling through settings or apps as well. The worst annoyance is when I'm trying to scroll down the screen to get to my public library in the browser. It starts with the letter "O", so I need to scroll down past half-way. What with accidentally hitting the wrong library or overshooting, it often takes me a very long time to log in. (Actually, I just went there on my PC and today I can type in the name directly, so I'll have to check later if it's improved in the Vox browser.) Anyway, it would be so much nicer if there were a scroll bar at the side of the screen instead of having to swipe through a hundred items, accidentally opening many of them and having to go back.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Thanks, glad its not just me

it seems much better if viewed in bookshelf format (i miss the info on how far through a book i am and if i have already read it), but i can scroll in this view my putting my finger on the scroll bar at the right and so far doesnt seem to accidentally open a book

would like to use list view, but this doesn't seem to be designed for having more than about a dozen books in the library

search feature would make it even easier
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
Glenn56
Glenn56 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
The worst annoyance is when I'm trying to scroll down the screen to get to my public library in the browser. It starts with the letter "O", so I need to scroll down past half-way. What with accidentally hitting the wrong library or overshooting, it often takes me a very long time to log in.
I know what you mean - but you gotta admit, it beats putting on your coat and boots and shlepping over to the library every time you want something to read, 'specially late at night
Glenn56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
my son's innotab (like the Leadpad) is worse. But I admit I have opened many books by mistake.
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert