cowboyss
cowboyss began at the beginning.

Device: amazon
Lazer, thanks for all the tips, I will try them if mobi doesn't work
cowboyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:46 PM   #17
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyss View Post
I use a mac and used calibre to create a mobi format.
What is the next steps to upload to Kindle to sell as an ebook on their site?
Thanks in advance
Do potential buyers a favor, read the Kindle publishing guidelines, buy Joshua Talent's "Kindle Formatting" and learn some HTML. Calibre is fine for converting generating books for yourself but it is not designed as an authoring tool. You won't be able to produce the best quality results with it.

Amazon provides free tools for building and previewing Kindle ebooks for Mac, Windows, and Linux. Use those instead of calibre or Mobipocket Creator.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #18
cowboyss
cowboyss began at the beginning.

Device: amazon
Thanks Tom, I just found kindle free tools yesterday
cowboyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #19
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for Android, Google Play Books
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoroso View Post
I seem to have read that a recent Calibre version addressed this issue by adding appropriate room to Mobi files.
From the Calibre 0.7.56 [17 Apr, 2011] release notes:
Quote:
MOBI Output: Ensure that MOBI files always have 8KB worth of null bytes at the end of record 0. This appears to be necessary for Amazon to be able to add DRM to calibre generated MOBI files sent to their publishing service.
amoroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #20
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for Android, Google Play Books
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Here's the direct link to the Amazon Kindle Publishing Guidelines in PDF format: http://kindlegen.s3.amazonaws.com/Am...Guidelines.pdf.
Thanks for the download link.
amoroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, kindle, mac, upload