Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #136
pbananth
Enthusiast
pbananth is on a distinguished road

Device: Ebookwise 1150,EBOOKWISE 1200,JOINTECH JE 100
whether P.G.Wodehouse Blanding Castle ebooks available?
pbananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #137
pufff
Enthusiast
pufff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Looking for Dorothy L sayers "The Documents in the Case". Anywhere?
pufff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #138
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by pufff View Post
Looking for Dorothy L sayers "The Documents in the Case". Anywhere?
I've also been looking for this but haven't found it.
I'm slowly working my way through a very poor scan of "Have his Carcase." When I've corrected that then I may just scan and edit my paper copy of "The Documents in the Case." But it won't be for a couple of months.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:28 AM   #139
pufff
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I've also been looking for this but haven't found it.
I'm slowly working my way through a very poor scan of "Have his Carcase." When I've corrected that then I may just scan and edit my paper copy of "The Documents in the Case." But it won't be for a couple of months.
Fantastic! Looking forward to it!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:06 PM   #140
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
This may sound both picky and ungrateful, but I'd like to see the GK Chesterton Father Brown Omnibus actually broken up into the original five books. It makes navigating them easier.

Innocence of (1911) and Wisdom of (1914) are currently available. But Incredulity of (1926), Secret of (1927) and Scandal of (1935) are not.

As Chesterton died in 1936, I don't believe this is a copyright issue.

And, on a related note, Dashiell Hammett died Jan 10 1961 ... making Sam Spade etc PD in some jurisdictions in just 13 months. Yippee!

And ... wait a sec! Doesn't that make Raymond Chandler PD already (died Mar 1959)?

Last edited by SensualPoet; 12-08-2009 at 08:14 PM.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #141
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Has anyone got The Complete Works of William Shakespeare with a linked table of contents? Gutenberg has it but without a TOC. I would be very thankful if someone could maybe edit the Gutenberg file to contain a TOC.

EDIT: Found one on the KindleKorner yahoo group!

Last edited by seagull; 12-11-2009 at 12:40 PM.
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #142
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
This may sound both picky and ungrateful, but I'd like to see the GK Chesterton Father Brown Omnibus actually broken up into the original five books. It makes navigating them easier.
You are of course free to create your own books from the original on PG Australia. Why not do so, and then upload them for the benefit of others? My personal preference is for omnibus editions, which is why I create them.

Quote:
And, on a related note, Dashiell Hammett died Jan 10 1961 ... making Sam Spade etc PD in some jurisdictions in just 13 months. Yippee!
No. Books enter the public domain at the start of the year following the 50th or 70th anniversary of the author's death, so anyone dying during the year 1961 will enter the public domain in "life+50" countries on 1st Jan 2012.

Quote:
And ... wait a sec! Doesn't that make Raymond Chandler PD already (died Mar 1959)?
No. His books will enter the Canadian public domain on 1st Jan 2010. ie, in about 3 weeks time.

Last edited by HarryT; 12-11-2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Typo.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:04 PM   #143
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

I'd like to request The Library by Apollodorus, some translations should be in the public domain including one by James George Frazer. I have it in XML format and am not sure how to convert it to mobi. I got it from the Perseus Digital Library.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:18 PM   #144
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
I'd like to request The Library by Apollodorus, some translations should be in the public domain including one by James George Frazer. I have it in XML format and am not sure how to convert it to mobi. I got it from the Perseus Digital Library.
The Perseus Digital Library is a wonderful resource but only allows one to read or download a small section at a time. fortunately, the work is available elsewhere.
I'll convert it, but you'll have to wait for a few days, seagull. It must have a thousand footnotes and it will take a while to hyperlink them, even with one-way links.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #145
seagull
Addict

Quote:
The Perseus Digital Library is a wonderful resource but only allows one to read or download a small section at a time. fortunately, the work is available elsewhere.
I'll convert it, but you'll have to wait for a few days, seagull. It must have a thousand footnotes and it will take a while to hyperlink them, even with one-way links.
Thank you very much
Old 12-14-2009, 09:01 PM   #146
Patricia
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
I've now converted it:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65542
Old 12-14-2009, 11:16 PM   #147
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Thank you, Patricia. But speaking of Frazer, I don't see a version of The Golden Bough available at MR, which is a bit surprising. Project Gutenberg has a copy of the abridged edition, here, and the Sacred Text Archive also has it, here.

If you are willing, it would be another nice volume to have available.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:49 AM   #148
pufff
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Re Raymond Chandler:

His books will enter the Canadian public domain on 1st Jan 2010. ie, in about 3 weeks time.
Yippee! I was going to buy some. I will wait now. I am so grateful to all the people who upload books here. You provide a tremendous service to humanity! I regret that my own paper book library is of such low literary merit that nothing here is worth scanning....
Old 12-15-2009, 07:39 AM   #149
Patricia
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Thank you, Patricia. But speaking of Frazer, I don't see a version of The Golden Bough available at MR, which is a bit surprising. Project Gutenberg has a copy of the abridged edition, here, and the Sacred Text Archive also has it, here.

______
Dennis
Yes, only the abridged versions are available online. I'll have a go, but it may be after Christmas before it gets posted.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:15 PM   #150
Patricia
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post

______
Dennis
The Golden Bough is now uploaded in the MR library.
Read it and discover that there is much more to mistletoe than you ever thought possible.