Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 02:45 AM   #31
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
I am actually pretty interested in this one. I have put off buying the last 6 months because I figured ereaders would take a significant leap, which as we all can see they have. I am going to give it a couple more weeks to see reviews just to make sure there isn't a show-stopper sneaking around in the background. Its going to be hard waiting lol.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:07 AM   #32
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
@MikeOnyx: Thanks, but I'm aware of that one What I wonder is if boox can be set to turn on/off at specific hours. Like turn off automatically at 23:59, then turn on automatically at 07:00 everyday.

@Guns4Hire: I waited for 3 or 4 years before I decided to buy one hahaha
Trust me, better things are always around the corner ^^; So last week I decided to just buy one.

Last edited by luag; 01-15-2010 at 04:09 AM.
luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:22 AM   #33
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by luag View Post
Trust me, better things are always around the corner ^^; So last week I decided to just buy one.
I agree. I was the same, until I couldn't hold it anymore this summer and bought me the BeBook Mini. If I had waited, I'd have bought the Boox and if I would have waited again, I'd have bought a ...., etc.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:22 AM   #34
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
Quote:
@MikeOnyx: Thanks, but I'm aware of that one What I wonder is if boox can be set to turn on/off at specific hours. Like turn off automatically at 23:59, then turn on automatically at 07:00 everyday.
Currently, it cannot do that. However, if you're creative, you can write an application that can do. However, Boox isn't really designed to be an alarm clock, so while having that application would be fun, it would serve little purpose.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:28 AM   #35
luag
Zealot

I didn't mean for boox to be an alarm clock, I just think that it should help save battery
Old 01-15-2010, 05:41 AM   #36
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRex DR800S
'then turn on automatically at 07:00 everyday.'

To implement such functionality, the device will have to be on in some way using power to check the clock, I assume there is a clock on the device or is using a tickless kernel
Jumpn Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #37
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Well I have too really. I wanted the original Kindle but just thought for what you paid it wasn't worth the return. Then the Kindle 2 came out and I thought the same thing (though just a little less). I finally started looking at all the others. And while there were a few I liked I figured I would wait until after CES because I figured the tech would finally mature and everyone would start making them.

So the time is ripe and I will grab one finally over the next few weeks.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #38
Shur
Shur began at the beginning.

Device: iPAQ 210
Quote:
What I wonder is if boox can be set to turn on/off at specific hours. Like turn off automatically at 23:59, then turn on automatically at 07:00 everyday.
This would be nice if it would 'wake up' and grab a couple rss feeds to have them ready for you when you wake up.

What programming language do you need to know to code for the Boox?

Last edited by Shur; 01-15-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Shur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:31 AM   #39
LenzGr
Enthusiast
LenzGr began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shur View Post
This would be nice if it would 'wake up' and grab a couple rss feeds to have them ready for you when you wake up.

What programming language do you need to know to code for the Boox?
The SDK is based on the Qt Framework from Nokia/Trolltech. So you need to be familiar with C++ - see http://www.onyx-international.com/node/58 for more info. There is an existing opensource project in the works, which also plans to develop an RSS reader: http://code.google.com/p/booxpowerpack/

Bye,
LenZ
LenzGr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:01 PM   #40
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenzGr View Post
The SDK is based on the Qt Framework from Nokia/Trolltech. So you need to be familiar with C++ - see http://www.onyx-international.com/node/58 for more info. There is an existing opensource project in the works, which also plans to develop an RSS reader: http://code.google.com/p/booxpowerpack/

Bye,
LenZ
There is talk about allowing Python on top of the C++.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:06 AM   #41
LenzGr
Enthusiast
LenzGr began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOnyx View Post
There is talk about allowing Python on top of the C++.
Oooh, that would be truly awesome! Where can I vote for that?
LenzGr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:40 PM   #42
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenzGr View Post
Oooh, that would be truly awesome! Where can I vote for that?
No worries. I will make a push for Python with the executives.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:02 PM   #43
luag
Zealot

Does anybody else get a weird page number placement on the left side when viewing epub files? It makes a word obscured and hard to read.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #44
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Can anyone tell me if the Boox 60 can handle RSS feeds?
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:21 PM   #45
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Boox 60 can handle RSS feeds?
There is an email reader and content aggregator in the works.

Tags
boox, onyx