Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #16
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
More likely once they got the samples to the lab it didn't take them long to figure out the problem but had to contact the manufacturer in China and wait and see. After seeing a video of a PW taken apart I don't think it's the color of the LEDS that is the problem.

I am hopeful we have the fix before the Holidays but will Amazon put the new stock out for those who are buying new? That is the big question.
If there is new stock, (which I tend to doubt) I can't see them putting it out before selling the old, imo. I wish I could believe Andrew when he says it's been solved, but I just can't imagine they could have solved the issue this quickly. Then again, maybe they have created a "color blob begone spray" and they're spraying all the units going out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmf2 View Post
I think if there was an actual fix they would be shouting it from the rooftops. I don't think they have a good track record of being forthright thus far concerning the Paperwhite. Twice CS insisted my screens would be perfect on my replacements as they would check them before shipping. Ya right. I hope I.m wrong.
I really don't think they'd be shouting it from the rooftops because there are plenty of people that do seem happy with their units (whether it's because they can't see the problems or their units are better, is anyone's guess) so I really don't think they would want to draw attention to the problem. I do agree with everything else you said though.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I think if there was an actual fix they would be shouting it from the rooftops. I don't think they have a good track record of being forthright thus far concerning the Paperwhite. Twice CS insisted my screens would be perfect on my replacements as they would check them before shipping. Ya right. I hope I'm wrong.
Give them time. When the fix is implemented for the public they may come forward. Right now think of the two in this thread Andrew is dealing with as Beta testers. I'm just happy they are sharing this news with us.

I do think this Andrew is higher up than level 1 like the people you dealt with. I never believe a thing a Level 1 Repts says. I've dealt with too many of them in many companies.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #18
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Give them time. When the fix is implemented for the public they may come forward. Right now think of the two in this thread Andrew is dealing with as Beta testers. I'm just happy they are sharing this news with us.

I do think this Andrew is higher up than level 1 like the people you dealt with. I never believe a thing a Level 1 Repts says. I've dealt with too many of them in many companies.
I so hope you're right, Blossom. One thing that does give me hope is he told xendula a few times now that they didn't have a solution yet, but then today when he called me he said they did. If tomorrow he tells xendula the same as me and offers to send replacements to her too, that will indicate some sort of change.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #19
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Sparkle & Blossom, hope you are right about the banning thing. I never even knew they did this until I read about it here a few days ago.

Anyhow, can't wait to hear from Andrew!! In the beginning, I was just happy that there was one person who said he'd try to help me, but with every following conversation I got a bit discouraged. We'll keep each other posted, then!

Who knows, Blossom, maybe you can get a paperwhite Paperwhite before the year is over as well, after all
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #20
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I think if there was an actual fix they would be shouting it from the rooftops. I don't think they have a good track record of being forthright thus far concerning the Paperwhite. Twice CS insisted my screens would be perfect on my replacements as they would check them before shipping. Ya right. I hope I'm wrong.
I don't think they would say much about it, because the media has not really picked up on the screen issues at all, so they would not want to draw attention to this.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #21
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Sparkle & Blossom, hope you are right about the banning thing. I never even knew they did this until I read about it here a few days ago.

Anyhow, can't wait to hear from Andrew!! In the beginning, I was just happy that there was one person who said he'd try to help me, but with every following conversation I got a bit discouraged. We'll keep each other posted, then!

Who knows, Blossom, maybe you can get a paperwhite Paperwhite before the year is over as well, after all
Here's hoping. I'm very curious to hear what Andrew has to say to you tomorrow. I'll be so deflated if he says they haven't come up with a solution yet and contradicts what he said to me. Be sure to tell him you are aware he told someone else differently should that happen!

I have to laugh at how much I go back and forth in my feelings. One minute I'm hopeful, then the next I feel doubtful again. It's crazy.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #22
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I must be color blind :-). I have no issues with my new PW. I do fail to see how this technology that was years in the making to perfect it (no, it's not perfect but works for me) can have issues that are resolved so quickly?

I still say it was misleading advertising and a misleading name (but again, it suits my needs).
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #23
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Here's hoping. I'm very curious to hear what Andrew has to say to you tomorrow. I'll be so deflated if he says they haven't come up with a solution yet and contradicts what he said to me. Be sure to tell him you are aware he told someone else differently should that happen!

I have to laugh at how much I go back and forth in my feelings. One minute I'm hopeful, then the next I feel doubtful again. It's crazy.
If he gives me the same no solutions yet answer, I will totally bring up "the other person" and the answer he gave you!
And I feel the same way: one minute I'm convinced the issue will be resolved, the next I think they will never have good screens. I so wish I had never followed the keynote speech and touched one, because my mind is telling me to give up and wait out the next version, and my heart is yelling at me to keep on trying. Sigh.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #24
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
If he gives me the same no solutions yet answer, I will totally bring up "the other person" and the answer he gave you!
And I feel the same way: one minute I'm convinced the issue will be resolved, the next I think they will never have good screens. I so wish I had never followed the keynote speech and touched one, because my mind is telling me to give up and wait out the next version, and my heart is yelling at me to keep on trying. Sigh.
Same here. My problem is I really like the device. If I didn't like it so much I could give up on it, but I really love the design. I just want one without these defects. :\ If worse comes to worse, I'l keep the unit I have now, but I'm still hoping somehow I can get a better one.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #25
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

I just noticed that the unit they are sending me is a 3G unit. So they upgraded me for free. I paid for and had wifi units previously.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #26
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
They probably hand picked one or grabbed one from a known good batch and sent it to you. Sounds good

Now the question is long will it take amazon to a/ implement the fix and b/ get all the bad ones out of the system either by selling them off or removing / fixing them. In other words, when will it be safe to go back in the water
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #27
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Hopefully I can get a resolution to my green swirl. Right now Amazon CS can't find my credit card...even though I just made a pre-order less than a half hour ago using this very same card.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #28
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Good luck getting a resolution, jaxx. I hope they sort everything and that it works out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
They probably hand picked one or grabbed one from a known good batch and sent it to you. Sounds good

Now the question is long will it take amazon to a/ implement the fix and b/ get all the bad ones out of the system either by selling them off or removing / fixing them. In other words, when will it be safe to go back in the water
I don't think the water will be safe for some time now still. it's still pretty muddy out there. I guess we'll see how it pans out. Let us know if you're feeling daring and decide to take another dip.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #29
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Quote:
Me: Has amazon figured out what was causing so many defective units? Will the new one be better quality or is it still a crapshoot
Me: i have friends who are on their fourth replacement
Noel:Currently our engineers is working on it, we are awaiting for the update.
I guess that's good news
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #30
jswinden
Nameless Being

Dunn dunn, dunn dunn, dunn dunn, dunn dunn, dunn dunn, CHOMPPPPPP!

Sorry I couldn't resist.