Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #826
reprep
Addict
reprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: amazon kindle DXG
There is still no kindle DXG support. I want to try the lite bady.
reprep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:34 AM   #827
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Lite0902.838.1492.rtm released
Quote:

This week update:
New features:
Support intelligent layout pdf
Support epub, pdf text mode, txt adjust the font size (hold down the shift key + arrow keys)

Improvements:
Into the Bookstore, the display load progress
System restarts, you can also HTTP

Fix the problem:
Repair some of the books read interface can not be displayed below the font problem
Select the tab order after the main directory, raise up the label name, no longer [sort (by tag)] overlap
On the current version, music player is disabled because of a bug. You can use kinamp (runs on both OSs).

How to install Duokan Lite:

Spoiler:

no need to use upgrade packages If you installed one before; Just delete DK_System folder and copy the new one. And restart Kindle ,choose Duokan Lite on boot screen. (at leeast works on the firmware 3.1)(Alternatively you can update online by settings> check update)

To install for the first time:
1- uninstall jailbreak
2- copy Dk_Sytem and update files with larger sizes
3- update and restart to Duokan(choose Q on boot screen)

(If your Kindle has firmware 3.2.1 then you might need to reset your kindle to factory default before each attempt (see this post)

Optional:To switch between Duokan and Kindle quickly (without a reboot) unzip duokan-ini.zip to your launchpad folder.(works only when you start the Kindle on Kindle OS) ^D S to switch to Duokan and ^ D X to switch back to Kindle.

Edit: Now it presses home button just before switching from Duokan to Kindle to make sure it remember your position on the currently viewed book

Also, to change the dual boot option to boot KindleOS as default OS after restart, see this post
Attached Files
File Type: zip Lite0902.838.1492.rtm.zip (15.63 MB, 447 views)
File Type: zip duokan-ini.zip (1.6 KB, 1957 views)

Last edited by thomass; 09-08-2011 at 01:15 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:36 AM   #828
killerno
killerno began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Hi guys,

Is there any way to install Duokan Lite0902.838.1492.rtm without dual boot option?I mean, i want KindleOS as default OS and later on I can swith by shift D S to Duokan if i want to use it.I know there is an option to install Duokan_0_5_13_8942__2011_05_20_english like that, but this new lite version is much better.
Even if i can change the dual boot option to boot KindleOS as default OS after restart, would be nice.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited by killerno; 09-04-2011 at 07:04 AM.
killerno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #829
pdagenius
Enthusiast
pdagenius is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3g + wifi Firmware: 3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Lite0902.838.1492.rtm released

On the current version, music player is disabled because of a bug. You can use kinamp (runs on both OSs).

How to install Duokan Lite:

Spoiler:
1- uninstall jailbreak
2-delete the previous Dk_System if any ( uninstalling is better)
3- copy Dk_Sytem and update files according to this
4- update and restart to Duokan(choose Q on boot screen)

Optional:To switch between Duokan and Kindle quickly (without a reboot) unzip duokan-ini.zip to your launchpad folder.(works only when you start the Kindle on Kindle OS) ^D S to switch to Duokan and ^ D X to switch back to Kindle.

Edit: Now it presses home button just before switching from Duokan to Kindle to make sure it remember your position on the currently viewed book
I have been trying this method without success so far. I keep getting the U007 error. I have uninstalled Jailbreak but I wondered do I need to uninstall all hacks - launchpad, font, screensavers, USBnetwork too?

Thanks
pdagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #830
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdagenius View Post
I have been trying this method without success so far. I keep getting the U007 error. I have uninstalled Jailbreak but I wondered do I need to uninstall all hacks - launchpad, font, screensavers, USBnetwork too?

Thanks
I think that your problem is related with the 3.2 .1 On official site of the duokan, there is a thread for this. see:http://goo.gl/BQSK1 (a possible solution).
Also look at:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=824

Like this one a launchpad installer may work for you too. For example unzip duokanli.zip to your launchpad folder then execute ( by first shift shift space then shift F D ) ( I should say that I didn't try this command before.)

EDIT:If you still search for a solution to install Dlite on 3.2.1 I think dkliteinstall-ini.zip might be: (line 448-458 of DK_Sytem/install/rundk.sh )Just unzip file to your launchpad then first execute shift shift space than shift D I. (again the same warning: I didn't try this before)
Attached Files
File Type: zip duokanli.zip (245 Bytes, 438 views)
File Type: zip dkliteinstall-ini.zip (764 Bytes, 408 views)

Last edited by thomass; 09-07-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:49 AM   #831
pdagenius
Enthusiast
pdagenius is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3g + wifi Firmware: 3.2.1
Quote:
I think that your problem is related with the 3.2 .1 On official site of the duokan, there is a thread for this. see:http://goo.gl/BQSK1 (a possible solution).
Also look at:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=824

Like this one a launchpad installer may work for you too. For example unzip this file to your launchpad folder then execute ( by first shift shift space then shift F D ) ( I should say that I didn't try this command before.)
Ok, some things to try, thank you for that.

The frustrating thing is I previously had the full version of Duokan installed before I started and was attracted to the Duokan Lite version and the quick switch between the Kindle OS.

Am sure I will get it to work. When I do, is there an easy way to upgrade? If Duokan Lite is being updated each week we need an easy way to do this.
pdagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:47 AM   #832
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdagenius View Post
Ok, some things to try, thank you for that.

The frustrating thing is I previously had the full version of Duokan installed before I started and was attracted to the Duokan Lite version and the quick switch between the Kindle OS.

Am sure I will get it to work. When I do, is there an easy way to upgrade? If Duokan Lite is being updated each week we need an easy way to do this.
Duokan Lite has an auto upgrade feature (from settings>update) . However I thing it is not a safe way. ( Some posts on site of the duokan complained about interrupted updates)

It is possible to have Duokan(installed version) and Duokan lite at the same time:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...11#post1693511

Or you can have Duokan with launchpad(https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125517) separately,

Last edited by thomass; 09-05-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #833
killerno

I checked the installation files and i think i have to modify the S79switch file in the /install directory to boot the KindleOS as default instead of Duokan.
If someone could help me how to change the file please let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerno View Post
Hi guys,

Is there any way to install Duokan Lite0902.838.1492.rtm without dual boot option?I mean, i want KindleOS as default OS and later on I can swith by shift D S to Duokan if i want to use it.I know there is an option to install Duokan_0_5_13_8942__2011_05_20_english like that, but this new lite version is much better.
Even if i can change the dual boot option to boot KindleOS as default OS after restart, would be nice.
Thanks for the help.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #834
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
I checked the installation files and i think i have to modify the S79switch file in the /install directory to boot the KindleOS as default instead of Duokan.
If someone could help me how to change the file please let me know
It is not S79switch but rundk.sh. at the bottom of it, there is a part for this:
Code:
DEFAULT_RUN=$1
if [ -z $1 ] 
then
	 	DEFAULT_RUN="ebook"
fi
run_app $DEFAULT_RUN

an option for Kindle could be added.

Last edited by thomass; 09-05-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #835
killerno

thanks for the answer thomass. so if I put Kindle instead of ebook should work? Or just delete the whole DEFAULT_RUN code and put
/etc/init.d/framework start &
row instead?
sorry i am newbie

Quote:
It is not S79switch but rundk.sh. at the bottom of it, there is a part for this:
Code:
DEFAULT_RUN=$1
if [ -z $1 ] 
then
	 	DEFAULT_RUN="ebook"
fi
run_app $DEFAULT_RUN

an option for Kindle could be added.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #836
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
thanks for the answer thomass. so if I put Kindle instead of ebook should work? Or just delete the whole DEFAULT_RUN code and put
row instead?
sorry i am newbie
I already tried erasing it and putting /etc/init.d/framework start & and didn't work (on the installed Duokan).

Maybe we should make this change to installation files (before installation).
ebook is the name attached to Duokan lite. we should find the name of the Kindle OS on this scripts. ("kindle" may work)

If you want, you can try erasing and adding this line(/etc/init.d/framework start & ) on the installation folder and install Duokan with it.

Last edited by thomass; 09-05-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #837
killerno

I tried to install duokan to put kindle instead of ebook, but still the same dukoan booting first. After i deleted the whole DEFAULT_RUN=$1 code and put /etc/init.d/framework start & line. It seems like working kindle is booting to KindleOS as default, but after that i can't switch to duokan by Shift D S, I can see the switching screen, but kindle is freezing after taht. Do you have any idea what is wrong? Maybe i have to modify the startdkl.sh file?

Quote:
I already tried erasing it and putting /etc/init.d/framework start & and didn't work (on the installed Duokan).

Maybe we should make this change to installation files (before installation).
ebook is the name attached to Duokan lite. we should find the name of the Kindle OS on this scripts. ("kindle" may work)

If you want, you can try erasing and adding this line(/etc/init.d/framework start & ) on the installation folder and install Duokan with it.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #838
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
I tried to install duokan to put kindle instead of ebook, but still the same dukoan booting first. After i deleted the whole DEFAULT_RUN=$1 code and put /etc/init.d/framework start & line. It seems like working kindle is booting to KindleOS as default, but after that i can't switch to duokan by Shift D S, I can see the switching screen, but kindle is freezing after taht. Do you have any idea what is wrong? Maybe i have to modify the startdkl.sh file?
if you wish you could try this: (before installation) change it to
Code:
DEFAULT_RUN=$1
if [ -z $1 ] 
then
	 	stitch_to_kindle
else
	 	run_app $DEFAULT_RUN
fi

Last edited by thomass; 09-05-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #839
killerno

hi,

thanks for the advise, unfortunately the duokan booting as default
Strange for me as well

Quote:
if you wish you could try this: (before installation) change it to
Code:
DEFAULT_RUN=$1
if [ -z $1 ] 
then
	 	stitch_to_kindle
else
	 	run_app $DEFAULT_RUN
fi
Old 09-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #840
thomass
Wizard

this may work:
Code:
DEFAULT_RUN=$1
if [ -z $1 ] 
then
else
	 	run_app $DEFAULT_RUN
fi
are you sure that you edited the file on installation folder?

Last edited by thomass; 09-05-2011 at 07:29 PM.