Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
DavidRM
Addict
DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
THE DOOR TO THE SKY by David Michael (Spec Fic) - $2.99

Worlds are at war. Dragons attack TV stations and winged gargoyles do battle with steam-powered behemoths. Gaia the Earth Mother and the woman called Blue lead the Weirdlings in their struggle against the Tyrant and his Compatriots, while the man who calls himself the Traveler walks through the chaos looking for The Door to the Sky.

Ebook includes 2 Bonus Short Stories: "Fickle Reality; or That Explains a Lot" and "Encounter".

Price: $2.99

Genre: Speculative Fiction Novel

Available for:
About the Author: Most days, David Michael is a software developer and a writer. Some days, he’s a writer and a software developer. Still other days, he’s an amateur photographer. Because, really, who is the same person every day?

Cover painting and layout by Don Michael, Jr.
DavidRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have added this to my list to buy at Smashwords.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
DavidRM
Addict
DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Have added this to my list to buy at Smashwords.

Regards
Caleb
Very cool to hear. Thanks, Caleb!

-David
Old 03-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
DavidRM
Addict

Animation by Don Michael, Jr. Music by Arnel Manago.

-David
Old 04-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #5
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Almost half-way through this one.

When I read the blurb I was a bit confused as to what this book would be. Now I see why the blurb needed to be this way.

By the way, there was a tiny reference there to what I thought might have been the setting in The Summoning Fire - during the big Merger. Did you put a sneaky little reference in there?

Regards
Caleb
Old 04-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Finished this one.

Wow - just wow!

I really didn't think it needed the last chapter, but oh how I enjoyed this book.

It's definitely not a case where you step out of the carriage and have a look around to get your bearings. It's one of those situations where you stay seated, fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride.

Definitely a 4-to-5 star review coming for this book.

Regards
Caleb
Old 04-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #7
DavidRM
Addict

Quote:
By the way, there was a tiny reference there to what I thought might have been the setting in The Summoning Fire - during the big Merger. Did you put a sneaky little reference in there?
Busted. I wondered if anyone would ever notice that...

-David
Old 04-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #8
DavidRM
Addict

Quote:
Finished this one.

Wow - just wow!

I really didn't think it needed the last chapter, but oh how I enjoyed this book.

It's definitely not a case where you step out of the carriage and have a look around to get your bearings. It's one of those situations where you stay seated, fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride.

Definitely a 4-to-5 star review coming for this book.

Regards
Caleb
I'm smiling. Thank you for the kind words!

I look forward to your review.

-David
Old 04-25-2011, 10:21 PM   #9
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Review is up in Amazon, Smaswords and GoodReads. I'm afraid I might have got a bit carried away but I found it difficult to give a simple review for this book - much like you probably felt it was difficult to write a satisfactory blurb for it.

Anyway - I'm compiling the unavoidable errata to send to you. There's always something.

I'm buying a copy of this for my sister.

Regards
Caleb
Old 04-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
DavidRM
Addict

Quote:
Review is up in Amazon, Smaswords and GoodReads...

I'm compiling the unavoidable errata to send to you...

I'm buying a copy of this for my sister.
Thanks for the review, and for the errata. Both are always appreciated.

And, yes, thanks for gifting. =)

Have a great week!

-David
Old 05-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #11
DavidRM
Addict

Click here to read a FREE PREVIEW of The Door to the Sky!

Chapter 3.
Evolution Televised

The first report of a TV station being destroyed, KTUL, Tulsa Channel 8, took nearly an hour to reach the national news networks. The first images from that attack, blurred cameraphone pictures of smoke and fire and people running, were only just beginning to hit the air, with promises of video to come, when reports came in that KUSA, Denver Channel 9, had also been attacked.

The eyewitness reports were a confused jumble of disbelief and horror and shock. Stories of subsonic fighter planes with flame throwers mixed with accounts of alien's in UFO's. Tales of dragons and flying dinosaurs mixed with hooded and burka-ed terrorists with rocket launchers. Amateur video, shaking violently, showed flying shapes and fire and lightning.

KLRT, Little Rock Channel 16, went next. Then KNIN, Boise Channel 9. WXVT, Greenville Channel 15.

Mayors and city managers scrambled police and firefighters and EMT's and put hospitals on alert. They made frantic calls to their state governors demanding National Guard protection. In the towns and cities where attacks had already come, people rushed to help survivors. Everywhere else, unsure where, when, or if an attack would occur, police chiefs and fire chiefs and hospital administrators took a wait and see attitude, poised to rush wherever they were needed...

Click here to read the rest of this FREE PREVIEW of The Door to the Sky!
Old 05-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #12
DavidRM
Addict

How Blue Got Her Name

How Blue Got Her Name

Blue, in the novel The Door to the Sky, is a woman with goddess-like power over the air and sky. That her name is "Blue" seems almost obvious. What else would her name be?

Funny story...

I plotted The Door to the Sky in September 2006 just after plotting The Summoning Fire (though before *writing* The Summoning Fire; I was saving TSF for NaNoWriMo that year). And, as I had done when I plotted The Summoning Fire a few weeks before, I started with a structure.

Here is that structure:

The simple description of the structure is: "Three converging storylines".

Just like with The Summoning Fire's spiral, each line is a primary character viewpoint, with a few, related secondary viewpoints.

Can you guess which storyline is Blue's?

As I wrote notes about the "Blue character" and how her story arc would go, I fell in love with the name. I resisted at first, then embraced the name. Once I had done that, the name showed me all sorts of ideas that I had not considered before. I can't imagine the character with any other name now.

"Red" and "Green", on the other hand, never clicked with me as names. So those became "The Traveler" and "The Tyrant/Savir Agrata", respectively. After all, the sturcture was just an outlining tool. Not a naming tool.

Except for Blue.

-David