Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Multiple Problems

I've been having mulitple problems lately. They may be more of a Sony Reader fault more than Calibre.

Quite a few times now when I connect my PRS-505, Calibre will tell me the database is corrupt. So, I disconnect, delete media.xml and reconnect.

Now, when I try to transfer anything, Calibre throws the following error:
Code:
ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'list' object has no attribute 'add_book'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 245, in dispatch
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 902, in books_uploaded
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 258, in add_books_to_metadata
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 168, in add_books_to_metadata
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'add_book'
I do not use the Sony Library software at all, I only use Calibre. Using the reader itself is no problem, there doesn't seem to be any database issue. I can see all my books, bookmarks, tags, etc. My only problems arise when trying to connect to Calibre.

Calibre 0.6.33
Sony PRS-505
Windows 7 x64
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try formatting your readers internal memory
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
gatestrider
gatestrider began at the beginning.

Device: sony touch
I have a new Sony touch reader and have been playing around with Calibre-converting files to various formats to see how I like them. However, when I send to device, nothing shows up on the reader although Calibre recognizes it and says it is sending. I have to open the reader library and import the file from Calibre and then move it to the reader.
What am I doing wrong? (By the way, I am an absolute newbie having received the sony reader for Xmas)
gatestrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hard to say without more info. What format are you sending the files in? When you send the files to the device, click on the device icon and look at the path to the newly sent file (do this by clicking the entry for the book in the list of books on the device and look at the bottom of the calibre screen).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote