Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-16-2020, 07:54 AM   #1
mackay1
mackay1 began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Can't import Kindle content on Windows 10

I've installed Calibre 5.5.0. All my Kindle content is in a single directory on my Windows 10 Pro PC. Within that directory, each book is stored in a separate sub-directory.

When I try to import the books individually, I find with some titles (presumably the out of copyright ones) calibre shows only a .azw file from the directory and the import works fine. When I try to import other books individually (paid ones) calibre shows a .azw AND a .azw.md file and the import fails.

What am I missing? When, previously, I used calibre on Windows 7 Pro, I seem to recall being able to import all my books en-mass.

Can someone please help?

Thank you.
mackay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:16 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The DeDRM plugin does not work with Calibre 5. You need to go back to Calibre 4.23.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 10:29 AM   #3
BAD18
Enthusiast
BAD18 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color & Touch; Samsung Galaxy Tab
Calibre 4.23.

I upgraded to Calibre 5. How do I go back to 4.23?

Thanks, Barbara
BAD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:21 AM   #4
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
Uninstall Calibre 5. It will not touch your library or settings.

Download 4.23 from https://download.calibre-ebook.com/4.23.0/

And install the downloaded Calibre 4.23
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:34 AM   #5
mackay1

Thank you for your help. I installed 4.23 and also had to install an older version (1.17) of Kindle for PC. That downloaded all my Kindle content into a single directory (without separate sub-directories for each book).

I was then able to import all my content to calibre successfully.

However, I can't do anything ion calibre with the purchased content that's DRM protected.

JSWolf mentioned a "DeDRM plugin". Will that allow me to access the DRM protected files (for example to convert them)?

Many thanks
Old 11-18-2020, 12:10 PM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackay1 View Post

JSWolf mentioned a "DeDRM plugin". Will that allow me to access the DRM protected files (for example to convert them)?

Many thanks
Yes. Here: https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 05:09 PM   #7
mackay1

Thank you Sirtel. All up and running now.