Notices

Old 11-16-2020, 10:25 AM   #1
gianni_1
Connoisseur
gianni_1 began at the beginning.

Device: tablet
pages number

Hi,
please, how can I know the total number of book pages and the number of the page I am on, instead of a percentage?
Thanks and bye.
Gianni
gianni_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:33 AM   #2
Gandulf
Addict
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
Since you posted in the Calibre side I presume you using Calibre to read your eBook?
Gandulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:19 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gianni_1 View Post
Hi,
please, how can I know the total number of book pages and the number of the page I am on, instead of a percentage?
Thanks and bye.
Gianni
Moderator Notice

Please read the stickies at the top of a sub-forum to see if any apply, i.e. this one ==>> PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - Purpose of Development subforum.

In summary -- don't post in the Development sub-forum unless you intend writing the code to address your specific issue

Moved to the Viewer sub-forum

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:54 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gianni_1 View Post
Hi,
Thanks and bye.
Gianni
Right click in the viewer window, Preferences=>Headers and footer will let you set Pages in chapter and Position in book. Position in book will show a consistent number of pages for the book while Pages in chapter will show the number of screens to display a chapter so it will vary with the font and display windows size.

My personal opinion is that the concept of pages in chapter or book is a bit silly with a reflowable format. Then we can get into the religious wars over what dead tree book edition should be THE golden reference for page numbering and how to apply that concept to a book that only has digital formats.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote