Notices

Old 08-28-2019, 03:40 PM   #241
Princess kindle
Enthusiast
Princess kindle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 8th
How to use x-ray creator plugin?

Hello everyone
I have the x-ray creator plug-in installed but I don't know how to make x-ray books. I tried to use the x-ray builder program but I only managed to put x-ray for a book, nothing else, with the rest it gives me different problems. Could you give me step-by-step instructions please? For dummies
Thank you [mod] merged with subject PI. PI specific questions should be done in the plugin thread.

Last edited by theducks; 08-28-2019 at 03:48 PM.
Princess kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 08:56 AM   #242
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess kindle View Post
Hello everyone
I have the x-ray creator plug-in installed but I don't know how to make x-ray books. I tried to use the x-ray builder program but I only managed to put x-ray for a book, nothing else, with the rest it gives me different problems. Could you give me step-by-step instructions please? For dummies
Thank you [mod] merged with subject PI. PI specific questions should be done in the plugin thread.
There is another post with this info:

1. Add the tool to your toolbar through the preferences menu (you can find how to do this using a simple google search so I won't explain here)
2. Go to X-Ray Creator and select preferences.
3. Make your changes and hit Okay.
4. Connect your kindle.
5. Select the books you want to make x-ray files for. (Note: the more books you choose, the longer the operation will take)
6. Click X-Ray Creator in your toolbar.
7. Click Create/Update Files.
If you selected Send files to device if connected in preferences, you're done so don't follow the rest.
9. Go to X-Ray Creator in your toolbar
10. Click Send Files to Device.

Note: the keyboard shortcuts are also listed in that menu so if you memorize them, you can make your life easier.
Shark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 01:42 PM   #243
Princess kindle
Enthusiast
Princess kindle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 8th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark69 View Post
There is another post with this info:

1. Add the tool to your toolbar through the preferences menu (you can find how to do this using a simple google search so I won't explain here)
2. Go to X-Ray Creator and select preferences.
3. Make your changes and hit Okay.
4. Connect your kindle.
5. Select the books you want to make x-ray files for. (Note: the more books you choose, the longer the operation will take)
6. Click X-Ray Creator in your toolbar.
7. Click Create/Update Files.
If you selected Send files to device if connected in preferences, you're done so don't follow the rest.
9. Go to X-Ray Creator in your toolbar
10. Click Send Files to Device.

Note: the keyboard shortcuts are also listed in that menu so if you memorize them, you can make your life easier.

thank you very much I will implement the recommendations and tell you the results
bye
Princess kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:03 AM   #244
adriantc
adriantc began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (2015)
Any way to make the plugin work with personal documents and not side-loaded ones?
adriantc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:41 AM   #245
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Any plan to migrate to Calibre 5.x?
Old 10-02-2020, 08:15 PM   #246
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark69 View Post
Any plan to migrate to Calibre 5.x?
Given that szarroug3 (author of this plugin) has no been on sine February, 2019, suggest you send a PM so you have a better chance of your request being seen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:12 AM   #247
Shark69
Zealot

ok... I'll try to do it. Thanks
Old 10-31-2020, 12:39 PM   #248
famewolf
famewolf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10th Gen)
Crash

I am running the latest calibre on linux. I attempted to install the plugin and received the following error:

calibre, version 5.4.2
ERROR: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 664, in initialize_plugin
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.__init__", line 29, in __init__
self.set_default_prefs()
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.__init__", line 62, in set_default_prefs
if __prefs__.has_key('mobi') and __prefs__.has_key('azw3'):
AttributeError: 'JSONConfig' object has no attribute 'has_key'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 731, in _install_clicked
File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 476, in add_plugin
File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 670, in initialize_plugin
calibre.customize.InvalidPlugin: Initialization of plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
self.set_default_prefs()
failed with traceback:
self.set_default_prefs()
famewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 02:00 PM   #249
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
@famewolf

The plugin hasn't been updated since February 2019 so will not by compatible with any version of Calibre 5 or above.

In addition, the plugin author hasn't been around either since that time.
georgemk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 01:55 PM   #250
Frank1
Frank1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi all,
I have installed calibre 4.23.0 and the x-ray plug in.

Just pressing "create and update file" does not work. I have to:

1- go to "book specific preferences" and manually input the ASIN taken from amazon site.
2- send the files to the kindle from Calibre by right click and use "send to device"
3- press "create and update file"

the log message says that the job is completed and I see some files have been created in the book bath .sdr directory.

---------------------------------------
Starting job: Creating Files

11-07-2020 18:37:05 Initializing...
11-07-2020 18:37:10 It Takes What It Takes - Trevor Moawad
11-07-2020 18:37:10 Parsing Goodreads data...
11-07-2020 18:37:25 Creating x-ray...
11-07-2020 18:37:25 Parsing book data...
11-07-2020 18:37:25 Writing x-ray...
11-07-2020 18:37:25 Writing author profile...
11-07-2020 18:37:25 Writing start actions...
11-07-2020 18:37:25 Writing end actions...
11-07-2020 18:37:26 Sending files to device...

File Creation:
Books Completed:
It Takes What It Takes - Trevor Moawad: X-Ray (mobi, azw3), Author Profile, Start Actions, End Actions

X-Ray Sending:
Books Completed:
It Takes What It Takes - Trevor Moawad: X-Ray (mobi), Author Profile, Start Actions, End Actions
--------------------------------------------

When I go to my kindle paperwhite 6th generation "also Oasis" the X-Ray option for the book is available but when I select it and go to the "Notable clips" the message displayed is "Sorry, an error has occurred"

Can anybody tell me what is wrong. Do I even have to go to an earlier version of Calibre? Is there anything I can do to make it work?

Thanks
Frank1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 04:30 AM   #251
Shark69
Zealot

Perhaps the plugin did not generate Notable clips for that book. Does X-Ray work with this book?
Old 11-09-2020, 06:12 AM   #252
Frank1
Frank1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for getting back to me.
I did check it with another book with the x-ray available and got into the same problem.
On my Oasis the book was downloaded from Amazon and the x-ray was there. On my kindle PW i have sideloaded the book and used the plugin and got the same message "Sorry, an error has occurred".
Frank1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:11 PM   #253
jwp12
jwp12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
X-ray is missing from menu items. It has disappeared even though plugin is loaded. It does not show option to display it in preferences. Can anyone comment?
jwp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:41 PM   #254
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp12 View Post
X-ray is missing from menu items. It has disappeared even though plugin is loaded. It does not show option to display it in preferences. Can anyone comment?
According to the List of PIs to be ported to Python 3 this plugin has not been updated and so it will not work with calibre 5 or later.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 04:51 PM   #255
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp12 View Post
And a few pages or about two years ago, the author said he doesn't have time for this anymore... So this is probably dead as a doornail.
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
x-ray