Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-02-2020, 11:01 AM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
We patch Qt already for the installer packages we provide. I'm not opposed to patching this as well (after the new year). Even if Linux repo versions of Sigil might not get the benefit, it's not like the limitation is going to affect a ton of people.

Not that I'm trying to discourage you from attempting the URLSchemeHandler approach, or anything.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 11:41 AM   #17
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I think if we modify MainUI MainApplication to keep a hash table of file path concatenated with a random uuid as a key to the pre-processed file contents, and create a sigil::scheme url with that random uuid attached as a query string, then the URLSchemeHander should always be able to use qApp to get the MainApplication to get what we need (sorta how dark and light mode setting and detection is handled on macOS), then we should be able get something to work.

Should be a "fun" exercise starting the new year! If it ends up being too messy, I say we just tweak that constant to 4mb and call it a day!
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:13 PM   #18
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Should be a "fun" exercise starting the new year! If it ends up being too messy, I say we just tweak that constant to 4mb and call it a day!
I love these little conversations where you discuss design and implementation issues in Sigil.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 02:21 PM   #19
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I played around with this today just for the fun of it. I have something working at least on macOS. It is an invasive change. So this one is not for our upcoming release. But it is doable.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote