Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-04-2020, 02:38 AM   #1
Overlord100
Overlord100 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung S7
Problem with Calibre Companion connection to cloud

When I try to connect to my device, it says I am in / and does not allow me to change the location. It worked back in april-may-june aprox., but not now.
Overlord100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 03:43 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
I have no idea what's that's supposed to mean
try being a little more specific.
what device are you connecting TO, and what are you connecting FROM ???
what cloud service are you using...
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 02:37 PM   #3
Overlord100

I am using a Samsung S7 to connect to the SD Card in that same mobile phone, using the cloud connection option.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:51 PM   #4
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
You library may not be set up correctly which is why CC is not recognizing your library.

Can you please check this step by step.

https://calibrecompanion.co/how-to-dropbox-onedrive/
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:15 PM   #5
Overlord100

I am not using Dropbox or OneDrive. I am connecting to my SD card directly.
Old 09-05-2020, 12:57 AM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord100 View Post
I am not using Dropbox or OneDrive. I am connecting to my SD card directly.
so why does thread title say cloud ?

maybe the SD card folder is corrupt or missing the must-have metadata.db database file , or RW permissions for external storage have gotten messed up ?

if you use a file explorer app, instead of CC, can you still see your books and your complete calibre library sub folder structure
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 11:36 AM   #7
Overlord100

Yes, I can, and the two files you mention are there.
Old 09-07-2020, 11:37 AM   #8
Overlord100

The permission is given as well.
Old 09-08-2020, 01:21 PM   #9
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord100 View Post
The permission is given as well.
We are talking on email, we will continue to investigate this.
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:24 AM   #10
Overlord100

I have stopped receiving emails from you (Alex) but my problem is still there.