Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #31
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplemaya View Post
Thanks for thie info theducks. How should I go about removing the older version?

Use Synaptic or whatever tool you used (apt-get?), uninstall complete removal
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #32
triplemaya
triplemaya began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks again. I went into synaptic and found only one version. On further investigation it turns out I have two menu items and just one version installed - the right one.
triplemaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #33
EtrnLwanderer
EtrnLwanderer began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note
I needed to edit the ISBN# and add a few additional lines of metadata to the opf file in my epub. I used the "Tweak book" feature to explode the epub, edited the requisite data using Notepad, and then I used the "Rebuild epub" option to recompile it, but unfortunately, the changed ISBN number and additonal lines I had added to the original opf file arent showing up in the Library info now, even though when I re-explode the epub and open the opf file, I can see all the additional new information I have added to the file. I've tried exiting Calibre and restarting it again, but somehwo the info just doesnt show up.
Is it not reflecting the change in info, because I'm not supposed to add info into the Opf file in the Tweak book option?
EtrnLwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #34
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
You need to reimport the modified eBook. Then the Calibre known metadata are correct.

By the way, did you recognize that you post in a post with topic "Tweak ePub - new feature (0.7.20)" what is 80 versions fare away from the actual version (0.8.41)???
The better way is to open a new thread.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #35
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
AFAIK the opf file in your epub probably won't change the library unless you re-add the book.
Calibre puts the metadata into the database when the book is added. Or when you update the metadata by using the edit metadata screen or when you download metadata.

AFAIK the tweak feature is independant of the database maintenance.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #36
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I would advise you to just use the modify epub plugin to update the metadata after you change in calibre. But if you have your heart set on doing it the long way once you rebuild the epub. Go to edit metadata in calibre select5 the epub file and press the i button that would update it.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote