Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Adobe Digital Editions problem with Kobo

I hadn't used ADE a lot recently as I prefer Calibre, but our library has now started lending ebooks and that requires ADE. I have an older Kobo and it always worked with ADE without any problems, but suddenly it has started crashing as soon as the Kobo is plugged in. This happens on my Windows 7 computer and a netbook running Win XP so that probably rules out the computer as the problem, it has to be the software or the Kobo.
Has anyone else had this problem?
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Most likely it's a file (or files) on your Kobo that ADE is trying to read. I would start with seeing if there is a Digital Editions directory on your Kobo and renaming it (in particular a really bad manifest.xml may be causing problems). After that it may be a file that is labelled as an epub or PDF that actually isn't.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
Most likely it's a file (or files) on your Kobo that ADE is trying to read. I would start with seeing if there is a Digital Editions directory on your Kobo and renaming it (in particular a really bad manifest.xml may be causing problems). After that it may be a file that is labelled as an epub or PDF that actually isn't.
Thanks Jim - that makes much more sense than the reply Adobe gave me! I am about to get a new ebook reader but I would like to use the old one at home for other family members, so perhaps a good clean-up of old files etc might get rid of this problem.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote