Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-25-2010, 02:22 AM   #1
maccabbi
maccabbi began at the beginning.

Device: nook
nooklauncher

nookdev doesn't have a lot of info or a forum but I noticed some users here have rooted there nooks, so I thought I'd ask my question here.

I rooted and installed several apps without any trouble. The only problem is that I only have to hit the n button once for it to ask me which home menu I want to go too. I thought you were suppose to have to hit it twice. Having to choose every time slows things down. Is there a way to set a default?
maccabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:54 AM   #2
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Not yet (at least not without VNC there isn't). The bunch of guys working on the launchers are likely to come up with a better solution soon.

PS. I thought nookdevs had forum.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
bpsmit28
bpsmit28 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
According to their site they do, but when you use the link it just takes you to a blank page. I rooted mine last night, played around for a few hours and got so frustrated with it that I rolled back. I'm going to wait a while before doing anything else with it.
bpsmit28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:28 PM   #4
ttnews
ttnews began at the beginning.

Device: none
hi there:
nooklaunder has updated to 0.0.2 and replaces the applauncher.

At current stage, I would suggest installing nooklauncher + nookbrowser + busybox + trook (highly recommended). If yo need just Internet browsing (i.e., no interaction such as input username, password etc), then nooklauncher + trook will be ok for you. You will have an RSS/XML feed reader and a html browser (no interaction) with trook.

hope it helps.
-ttnews
ttnews is offline   Reply With Quote