Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler
flowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheese

Device: plenty...
[Old Thread] sync bookmarks on many devices?

hi,

is there any way to sync bookmarks on some readers e.g. my 300, 505, 600 and dr1000 so that every time I take one of them i can start read at the position i left a book not depending on which device i read? at the moment i'm doing this manually. problem is, that i use different formats and that even the sony devices display the same book different - so i think it would be really hard to do a sync between the devices?
flowoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC bookmarks last read etc is stored on sony devices as as search string, so it should be possible to migrate the locationbetween multiple devices.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler
flowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheese

Device: plenty...
so do you think, that it could be possible to add this feature to calibre so it could sync? maybe adding syncable bookmarks to its internal viewer too? I don't know if there are many people out there in need of this but i would think of it as a great additional function. maybe even syncing different calibre installations over the net?
flowoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not in the near future (too many higher priorities). But eventually, sure.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
Croptop
Zealot
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 5
This may be an older thread but I thought I'd add a comment to it so that you could see that there are now two people who are interested in a feature like this.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #6
caheaton
Enthusiast
caheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo & Kindle apps (PC, Android), Aura HD, Kindle Touch
Ditto...old thread but this is a feature I would like to have when using my Kobi wifi with Calibre. :-)

Craig
caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
riki
riki began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
+1
It would be a welcome feature (Kindle here though)
riki is offline   Reply With Quote