Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
3rd Edition of Kindle 2 User's Guide Now Available

You can download the new version here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200317150

Here are the differences between 2nd Edition and 3rd Edition:

Page 11: You can also choose to turn on the experimental application, Text-to-Speech, which will read aloud your books, newspapers, blogs, and personal documents. ---->> You can also choose to turn on the experimental application, Text-to-Speech, which will read aloud your books (where allowed by the rights holder), newspapers, blogs, and personal documents

Page 43: Whispersync is on by default to ensure a seamless reading experience for a book read across multiple Kindle devices ---->> Whispersync is on by default to ensure a seamless reading experience for a book read across multiple Kindles.

Page 52: Your Kindle can read aloud your books, newspapers, blogs, and personal documents with the Kindle Experimental application, Text-to-Speech. ---->> Your Kindle can read aloud your books (where allowed by the rights holder), newspapers, blogs, and personal documents with the Kindle Experimental application, Text-to-Speech.

Page 52: (New text) Note that if a rights holder of a book does not allow Text-to-Speech to read aloud their content, then Text-to-Speech will be grayed out in the menu and you will not be able to select it.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:31 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
thanks
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2009, 01:04 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I think if you have Whispernet on, it updates automatically. I've noticed a couple of times that the User Guide jumped to the top of my home page when I haven't opened it since I received my K2. My guess is that when it updates, it jumps to the top hinting that I should look at it.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:17 AM   #4
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
I've never heard of that. My Kindle 1st Edition User's Guide never updated itself; I had to download 2nd Edition Manually.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:18 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
I've never heard of that. My Kindle 1st Edition User's Guide never updated itself; I had to download 2nd Edition Manually.
I never noticed it on K1 either, it's just K2 I've noticed. It's just a guess but it's the only way I can explain it popping up to the top of the home page when if hasn't been used.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2009, 08:55 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Page 52: (New text) Note that if a rights holder of a book does not allow Text-to-Speech to read aloud their content, then Text-to-Speech will be grayed out in the menu and you will not be able to select it.
Page 52: (New text) Note that if a rights holder of a book does not allow Text-to-Speech to read aloud their content, then Text-to-Speech will be grayed out in the menu and you will not be able to select it. And don't you dare think of using KindlePID.py as it is a violation of the DMCA and we will send you a letter telling you to stop.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote