Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #1
david_durbin
david_durbin began at the beginning.

Device: adobe acrobat
free 8 chapters of debut novel

Hi everyone, my name is David Durbin and I have just launched a website to promote my debut novel, Grey Areas. I wrote the book over a period of two years and am in the process of attempting to get a literary agent. To aid me in generating publicity for the book I have created my own website, www.greyareas.co.uk where people can download an eight chapter trial copy of the book in PDF format. If you are interested in thriller/action novels, please download the trial and let me know what you think!

Thanks for your time,

David Durbin
david_durbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_durbin View Post
Hi everyone, my name is David Durbin and I have just launched a website to promote my debut novel, Grey Areas. I wrote the book over a period of two years and am in the process of attempting to get a literary agent. To aid me in generating publicity for the book I have created my own website, www.greyareas.co.uk where people can download an eight chapter trial copy of the book in PDF format. If you are interested in thriller/action novels, please download the trial and let me know what you think!

Thanks for your time,

David Durbin
May I make a suggestion to help you out? Also release the excerpt in an easily convertible format other then PDF. Most of the people on this forum do not want PDF. if you put out HTML or RTF, then you will get more people possibly interested. Most of us have portable reading devices that don't work all that well with letter sized PDF. And since it is an excerpt, most will see it as a waste of time to convert it to something their reader works better with. But HTML or RTF are quite easy to convert to. In fact, if you post HTML or RTF, I'll be happy to give this a convert to LRF, PRC, and IMP for you. That would cover the Sony Reader line, the Cybook Gen3, the iLiad, and the Kindle. I cannot say it will get more people to read the excerpt, but just having PDF won't work well here.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert