Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #46
Reini68
Reini68 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Note: for those with shell access, you can change your font in Mobipocket from Sans-Serif to Serif. I like (the default) sans better, but it's nice to have options. Even if they are hidden.
Hmm ... I would really like to change the font to serif - the point is that I saw you writing that I have to edit something and I understood that I have to get shell-access. So I have shell-access now, even installed the fbreader which works, but still I have no idea how to edit this file. Is there an editor available?

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I was searching for more than an hour in the forum but couldn't find the answer. Well yes, you guessed it, I haven't got the Iliad for a full week right now

P.S.: I have troubles with the fbreader as well, which is the thread to ask these questions?
Reini68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #47
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reini68 View Post
Hmm ... I would really like to change the font to serif - the point is that I saw you writing that I have to edit something and I understood that I have to get shell-access. So I have shell-access now, even installed the fbreader which works, but still I have no idea how to edit this file. Is there an editor available?

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I was searching for more than an hour in the forum but couldn't find the answer. Well yes, you guessed it, I haven't got the Iliad for a full week right now

P.S.: I have troubles with the fbreader as well, which is the thread to ask these questions?
I made an easy switcher here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=147245

Any questions with that or FBReader should be made in the appropriate already existing threads.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2008, 07:28 AM   #48
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge View Post
ls -l ipdf/iRex_2.1*
ipdf/iRex_2.11:
82804 2008-01-06 11:36 ipdf
ipdf/iRex_2.12:
82804 2008-02-01 13:33 ipdf

but

cmp ipdf/iRex_2.11/ipdf ipdf/iRex_2.12/ipdf
ipdf/iRex_2.11/ipdf ipdf/iRex_2.12/ipdf differ: byte 77018, line 489

If you need the original 2.11 or 2.12 ipdf, I can send it to you. Does the licence allow us to post it here?
It's GPL v2 so I guess it should be okay.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:03 AM   #49
serge
Enthusiast
serge has learned how to buy an e-book online

Original ipdf, v 2.11 & 2.12; attached:
Attached Files
File Type: gz ipdf_2.1x.tar.gz (73.2 KB, 370 views)
serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #50
mr.giroro
mr.giroro began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by daudi View Post
To use these installers unzip the attached file to somewhere (internal memory, usb, CF) and you will see four different modified versions of ipdf. Click on the one you want to install.
Thank you for sharing this. I found 4 versions, and I am going to install the "fullscreen" version. By the way, does the fullscreen version include ONLY the fullscreen improvement OR is it a version that includes other improvement such as powersaving, etc. I believe there are a few versions of fullscreen ipdf floating around, and some include multiple features while others have only fullscreen feature. I want to install the version with only fullscreen feature, but the one I previously download (fullscreen 1.0 alpha) didn't install with 2.12. Thanks.
mr.giroro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2008, 05:56 AM   #51
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

To be honest I can't remember the details of each version now. I'd have to look at the original posts.

If you just want to get the previous fullscreen version that you had with 2.11 to work with 2.12 you could just change the contents of the file Firmware_Script (part of the installation bundle). Just change it to 2.12 and then it should run.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #52
csaba911
csaba911 began at the beginning.

Device: Illiad
minimo compatible with 2.12 ?

I have changed the Firmware_Script to 2.12 and was able to install minimo. But I don't know much about it.So far the programm boots up but there is no connection. Allthough I turned the WIFI connection on in Connection Manager
Also how do you exit the programm properly. I have to shut the thing off
csaba911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:25 AM   #53
good153
Enthusiast
good153 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
You people are so great! Thank you very very much!
good153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #54
nanounanue
nanounanue began at the beginning.

It is no working

Hi everybody

I just downloaded the zip file containing the four versions of iPDF, but when i try to install any i got the wrong_fw.xml.

My iLiad is in the firmware 2.12, I don't know what is happening

I attached the wrong_fw.xml for the four versions

Column Wise and Bookmark:
<package>

<metadata>

<dc-metadata>
<Title>Error: -- mismatch of iLiad's firmware --</Title>

<Description>
Firmware Firmware_Script_xml is needed, your iLiad has got Firmware_iLiad_xml.
</Description>
<Date>2007-03-13T09:25:00</Date>
<Format/>
<Identifier/>
<Language/>
<Type/>
</dc-metadata>

<y-metadata>
<startpage/>
<image>pdf.png</image>
<version>000</version>
</y-metadata>
</metadata>
</package>

Fullscreen & ColumCont:

<package>

<metadata>

<dc-metadata>
<Title>Error: -- mismatch of iLiad's firmware --</Title>
<Description>Firmware 2.11 is needed, your iLiad has got 2.12.</Description>
<Date>2007-03-13T09:25:00</Date>
<Format/>
<Identifier/>
<Language/>
<Type/>
</dc-metadata>

<y-metadata>
<startpage/>
<image>pdf.png</image>
<version>000</version>
</y-metadata>
</metadata>
</package>
nanounanue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #55
daudi
Addict

OK, this is telling you that you have 2.12 installed (as you said) but the installer is for 2.11. It looks like you have the set I put together for 2.11. Try this set of installers. I have just verified that they are all definitely set up for 2.12.

Edit: updated to now include a way of examining which version really is installed. The output from
Code:
ls -l /usr/bin/ipdf
is shown. This includes the file size. The file sizes for these versions are:
  • bookmarks: 109888
  • continuous column: 82828
  • columnwise: 1193124
  • fullscreen: 82892
  • irex: 82804

Just click on the "Run me to identify the current ipdf" entry in the contentlister.

To use this set of installers:
  1. make sure you have upgraded to version 2.12 of the iliad software
  2. make sure that you have requested shell access (again if you had it before with 2.11 and then upgraded to 2.12)
  3. Unzip this set of installers somewhere, anywhere that you can access with the contentlister.
  4. click on the entry for the version you want
  5. click on "Run me to identify the current ipdf" and compare the file size with those listed above if you want to confirm which version really, really, really is installed. The file size is also now included in the second line of the description of each version (but it only appears after you have installed the version).
Attached Files
File Type: zip ipdf_installers_v2_12.zip (636.8 KB, 1116 views)

Last edited by daudi; 02-13-2008 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Updated installers to include mechanism to verify which version has been installed.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #56
Lazycat
Enthusiast
Lazycat began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
I have tried the installers already, and it works fine!

Many thanks!!
Lazycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:04 PM   #57
nanounanue
nanounanue began at the beginning.

It works!

Thank you very much!
It totally worked...

Could you tell me which is the difference between iRex iPDF and iPDF Full screen?

Thank you

:-D
nanounanue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:14 AM   #58
ragdoll
Connoisseur
ragdoll began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad V1
Quote:
OK, this is telling you that you have 2.12 installed (as you said) but the installer is for 2.11. It looks like you have the set I put together for 2.11. Try this set of installers. I have just verified that they are all definitely set up for 2.12.
Do I have to copy to the iLiad memory the firmware script, too, maintaining the directory structure?
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:33 AM   #59
mr.giroro
mr.giroro began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
Quote:
To be honest I can't remember the details of each version now. I'd have to look at the original posts.

If you just want to get the previous fullscreen version that you had with 2.11 to work with 2.12 you could just change the contents of the file Firmware_Script (part of the installation bundle). Just change it to 2.12 and then it should run.
I modified "Firmware_Script" but it did not work. I got an error message saying "Firmware 2.12 is needed. You have Firmware 2.12." It appears I need to make other changes. Am I missing something?

Thank you, daudi. You are always very very helpful.
mr.giroro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:06 AM   #60
daudi
Addict

OK. Let's go back to the set of installers for 2.12. See post #55. I've updated the post plus the installers. See if these instructions help, and if not let's continue to figure out what is up.