Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Embedded fonts question

I need to have embedded fonts in an epub. I did a test where I added the font face and all css requirements. I have an Ipad and iphone so I added the Apple xml file as well. On the ipadf and iphone I see the embedded fonts fine. I was looking at the file in ADE but do NOT see the embedded fonts. I do not have another reader to test to see so I thought I would ask here if the embedded fonts will be viewable on other readers. Like Kindle as I need to convert the epub to .mobi.

Anyone?

RD
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Validate your CSS. You probably have a simple syntax error somewhere.
ADE will ignore CSS that contains any error whatsoever, where other renderers might be slightly more forgiving.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Please specify the app for the iPad and do not just use the iPad as a generic term for iBooks. iPad is not iBooks. There are other reading apps for the iPad. So when you say iPad as a generic term for iBooks, you are making it sound like this is how the iPad performs and not just the one app.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The part about including the "Apple xml file" and "embedded fonts" clearly indicates iBooks. Did you possibly have any advice for the OP, or just complaints about the semantics of the question?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote