Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #31
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Is that the date of delivery of the Kindle Fire HD or the Kindle Paperwhite? My Paperwhite has an Oct 11 date and my Fire HD has an Oct 25 date and I ordered just one hour after release.

By the way, you don't need any charger for the Paperwhite if you own another Kindle. The charger is exactly the same as the prior ones. I ordered one to be able to give it away with a charger. That was the only reason.
It is for the Fire HD, My estimated ship date is Sep 14 and estimaded delivery Sep 19-21. That all could change, but for now it is what it is.

Last edited by DustyDisks; 09-11-2012 at 01:04 PM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #32
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
It is for the Fire HD, My estimated ship date is Sep 14 and estimaded delivery Sep 19-21. That all could change, but for now it is what it is.
Looks like there's a lot of interest in that model. Now it says: "Due to popular demand, orders placed today are expected to ship the week of September 24th."
As for the quick charger, I should have delivery this coming Friday. It should be interesting to see how fast it charges the old KF.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #33
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
It must be for the PowerFast Charge....!

Quote:
That is the date I have for my Kindle Fire HD Powerfast Charger and the Fire HD cover. The Fire HD, itself, has a Oct 25, 2012, date.

You must have confused the two separate dates.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #34
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That is the date I have for my Kindle Fire HD Powerfast Charger and the Fire HD cover. The Fire HD, itself, has a Oct 25, 2012, date.

You must have confused the two separate dates.
Nope! When I first ordered the unit, the date was there. Then I realized there was no power supply I canceled my first order and reordered it with the power supply. The estimated ship and delivery dated did not change. The difference on our delivery dates I have not a clue. I had to pay the tax as they have a warehouse in my state, that maybe the reason? I just checked my account and the info is still the same.

Edit: On a side note I ordered the 7" Hd. Did you order the 8.9" if so that would make more sense, because they will not ship this month.

Last edited by DustyDisks; 09-11-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #35
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

IMPOSSIBLE for the HD 7 32 Gb model !!

Quote:
Nope! When I first ordered the unit, the date was there. Then I realized there was no power supply I canceled my first order and reordered it with the power supply. The estimated ship and delivery dated did not change. The difference on our delivery dates I have not a clue. I had to pay the tax as they have a warehouse in my state, that maybe the reason? I just checked my account and the info is still the same.

Edit: On a side note I ordered the 7" Hd. Did you order the 8.9" if so that would make more sense, because they will not ship this month.
I find it IMPOSSIBLE that you are getting the Kindle Fire HD 7 32 Gb model six weeks before mine is due. Its got to be the charger, not the HD 7, itself. I ordered mine one hour after the announcement and use Amazon Prime for 2 day delivery

The only way you could be getting it that quick is if you live in China one block from the manufacturing plant at FoxConn in Shanghai. Then you will get it as it leaves the plant.

I just checked my account order page now and it shows a delivery estimate of Sep 14, 2012, for the HD 7 PowerFast charger and the HD 7 Standing Leather case. It still shows Oct 25, 2012, for the Kindle Fire HD 7 Dolby Audio Dual Band WiFi 32 Gb model.

Maybe you ordered the Kindle Fire 1st Generation model in error which will ship on Sep 14, 2012. If you ordered the HD 7 16 Gb model, it will ship on Sep 24, 2012, one month prior to the shipment date of the 32 Gb model.

Last edited by sirmaru; 09-11-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #36
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training

Quote:
I find it IMPOSSIBLE that you are getting the Kindle Fire HD 7 32 Gb model six weeks before mine is due. Its got to be the charger, not the HD 7, itself. I ordered mine one hour after the announcement and use Amazon Prime for 2 day delivery

The only way you could be getting it that quick is if you live in China one block from the manufacturing plant at FoxConn in Shanghai. Then you will get it as it leaves the plant.

I just checked my account order page now and it shows a delivery estimate of Sep 14, 2012, for the HD 7 PowerFast charger and the HD 7 Standing Leather case. It still shows Oct 25, 2012, for the Kindle Fire HD 7 Dolby Audio Dual Band WiFi 32 Gb model.

Maybe you ordered the Kindle Fire 1st Generation model in error which will ship on Sep 14, 2012. If you ordered the HD 7 16Gb model, it will ship on Sep 24, 2012, one month prior to the shipment date of the 32 Gb model.
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
Delivery estimate: Sept. 19, 2012 - Sept. 21, 2012 [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] "Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB"
Electronics; $199.00
Available for Pre-order
Sold by: Amazon.com [/SIZE][/FONT]

Shazzam!

Tho it was not my "Mission" to do so!

Edit: Just spotted it, maybe the 32 gig model makes the difference?

Last edited by DustyDisks; 09-11-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #37
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I just checked, and apparently so? How hard was it for Amazon just to whack a bigger hard drive in since it's basically the same innards?
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #38
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I just checked, and apparently so? How hard was it for Amazon just to whack a bigger hard drive in since it's basically the same innards?
Hi Neighbor!

It is a different card that is hard wired into the unit, as I understand it. And probably take a technician more time than it is worth to change it out >?<
Old 09-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #39
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Hi Neighbor!

It is a different card that is hard wired into the unit, as I understand it. And probably take a technician more time than it is worth to change it out >?<
Howdy!

Probably, but that's still a LOOOOOONG while to wait.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #40
sirmaru
Wizard

We will probably all get delivery much earlier than the stated dates regardless of model ordered. Amazon always delivers before their estimated delivery dates.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #41
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Best Buy has it available for preorder, KFHD 7". No estimate date, just "coming soon".

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Amazon+-...7076&st=kindle fire hd&cp=1&lp=1

In store only.

Last edited by robertc88; 09-13-2012 at 05:25 PM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #42
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
I got my 7" HD yesterday and used my Kindle 2 charger with it and it didn't take very long to get it fully charged, but it was already 60% charged and I was able to use it while it was charging.

The 16 gig 7" HD was originally slated for 9/14 shipping and they were a day early, while the 32 gig one was scheduled for Oct 15.

Since HD movie files are SO much bigger, I think it's wiser to wait to get the 32 GB one.
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #43
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I must be out of step with the universe. I don't have a single extra power adapter that would work with the kindle fire.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #44
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I must be out of step with the universe. I don't have a single extra power adapter that would work with the kindle fire.
If you've ever had a Kindle 2, 3 and above, that power adapter will work with it -- it just won't charge quite as fast.

I've used the Samsung Galaxy S2 phone's adapter to charge the original Kindle Fire over the last half year and the battery lasts a good length of time.
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #45
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrys View Post
If you've ever had a Kindle 2, 3 and above, that power adapter will work with it -- it just won't charge quite as fast.

I've used the Samsung Galaxy S2 phone's adapter to charge the original Kindle Fire over the last half year and the battery lasts a good length of time.
I tried my K3 adapter a while back. It would keep the Fire at its current charge level during use but wouldn't charge it up, even left overnight. I only tried it once though.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote