Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 06-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
akin
akin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
'You do not have permission..'

Very often when I try to download an app (through goodereader.com and other such sites) or open a web page I get 'you do not have permission to open this site/download this app' or something similar.
Why? What do I do wrong?

I am not very good with computers and other electronical things. I have a MacBook which I can handle fairly well, but that's it. My Vox is the first touch screen thing I own (yes, I still have my old Nokia slide phone..).

Can someone help me?
akin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
This is usually because the app would not work on the Vox, ie: needs GPS, Bluetooth, phone network etc or some other features the Vox doesn't have.
If you were re-directed to the Google Play Store, you would also be unable to get any apps because the Vox does not yet connect to it.. Hopefully soon...
In the meantime you can get apps from alternate stores like the Goodereader app store, slideme, Aptoide which don't connect to the Google market.
http://m.aptoide.com/
http://goodereader.com/apps/category/android-apps/
http://slideme.org/application/slideme-marketplace

Last edited by Cdesja5; 06-10-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
akin
akin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Thank you for your answer!
It makes sense..
akin is offline   Reply With Quote