Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
pablo173
pablo173 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Font Used in Book View

Version 0.4.2 had a nice Arial/Helvetica style font in the main Book View viewing area which displays the rendered text.

Since upgrading to version 0.5.3 I get a Times New Roman font for rendering the text, which I like much less.

How can I control the font which is used to render the text in the main Book View Sigil pane?

Thanks...
pablo173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo173 View Post
Version 0.4.2 had a nice Arial/Helvetica style font in the main Book View viewing area which displays the rendered text.

Since upgrading to version 0.5.3 I get a Times New Roman font for rendering the text, which I like much less.

How can I control the font which is used to render the text in the main Book View Sigil pane?

Thanks...
AFAI Sigil will use the font (if available) that the stylesheet for the book, calls for.
I think there was an upgrade to QT, which may have options (I have a separate control panel on my Ubuntu system for that), that Sigil has not linked in controls for.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo173 View Post
Version 0.4.2 had a nice Arial/Helvetica style font in the main Book View ...

Since upgrading to version 0.5.3 I get a Times New Roman font for rendering the text...
Sorry I can't confirm this, on my System the default is still Sans-Serif. AFAIK theres no way to control the default Font, sigil uses if no other directive is given.

Put
Code:
body { font-family: sans-serif }
in your stylesheet.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Minor Bug with TOC-Generator ?

I noticed that Sigil resets the "SigilNotInToc" Class, if i change the level of "headings to include". Formery hidden toc-entries appear again.....

Workaround: Watch out and uncheck the entrys you don't want to see again after changing the level.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmat1 View Post
I noticed that Sigil resets the "SigilNotInToc" Class, if i change the level of "headings to include". Formery hidden toc-entries appear again.....

Workaround: Watch out and uncheck the entrys you don't want to see again after changing the level.
That's what selecting the headings to include is supposed to do. Its simply a convenient way to select/unselect a large number of entries at once, and then you can select/unselect individual ones if needed. What did you think it was supposed to do?
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
mmat1
Berti

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
That's what selecting the headings to include is supposed to do.
ups..... sorry

I recently worked with a book that has several hundred toc-entries (68 pages on my reader which has no support for a hierarchic toc), so i thought it's a good idea only to show entries up to level <h2> in toc.

There a few h1 entries which should not be shown in toc, no matter how many h* Levels are shown in total.