Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #1
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Recharging with charger

Has anyone found a charger that will recharge the Iriver Story?

I usually recharge by connecting to the USB of my computer, but sometimes, when one is reading and the battery goes dead, it would be nice to have a proper charger which usually has a longer thread so one can continue to sit in one's comfortable chair and read whilst recharging.

TIA
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
clanelliott
Enthusiast
clanelliott doesn't litterclanelliott doesn't litter

Device: iriver story
On Amazon UK there is a mains charger for £9.99 from macro.supplier (search under mains lead for iriver story)
Also ultimate-mobiles.co.uk sell a car charger (QF1601-40) for £4.99 and a world mains/car charger (QF1601-35) for £9.99

Last edited by clanelliott; 01-07-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: miss spelling
clanelliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Hi James,
I bought one at my local electronics shop -- it's a plug that goes into a normal electrical outlet socket in the wall, with a detachable USB cable plugged into the back of it, and a transformer built into the body of the plug so its power output is correct for devices that charge by USB. In UK dosh it would have been something like £8 (about $12 Aussie). They also had 1.8, 3 and 5 (!) metre USB cables available separately.

I've got a few things now that charge via USB -- mobile phone, MP3 player, eBook -- and this means I can take the one plug with me and charge 'em all. No computer needed!
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Hi James,
I bought one at my local electronics shop -- it's a plug that goes into a normal electrical outlet socket in the wall, with a detachable USB cable plugged into the back of it, and a transformer built into the body of the plug so its power output is correct for devices that charge by USB. In UK dosh it would have been something like £8 (about $12 Aussie). They also had 1.8, 3 and 5 (!) metre USB cables available separately.

I've got a few things now that charge via USB -- mobile phone, MP3 player, eBook -- and this means I can take the one plug with me and charge 'em all. No computer needed!
Great, Bran. Thanks for the tip. I'm in my local town tomorrow, and I'll check out the electronics stores there.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #5
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good luck, Mr Phelps!

(You get the reference, right? )
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
James_Wilde
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Good luck, Mr Phelps!

(You get the reference, right? )
Nope. I take it this refers to an ozzie technical incompetent!

Added after googling: OK, I get it. Thanks for the compliment.

Got my charger today. Not tested it yet
Old 01-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #7
clanelliott
Enthusiast

found this only £10 it will give up to 15 hours extra power for many devices.
http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Portable-P...one-Compatible)
Old 01-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #8
James_Wilde
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanelliott View Post
Thanks. Got one at my local electronic store for a price I'd not like to translate into pounds or dollars!

Old 01-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #9
MacEachaidh
Browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanelliott View Post
I only get "Not found" on that link.

But is it claiming that it will get more time out of the same battery? I find that doubtful.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #10
clanelliott
Enthusiast

search under " Jumpstart Emergency Charger " or mr google it
i hope that helps