Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-01-2010, 02:03 AM   #136
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I've been having a few problems with this firmware. It's frozen for me twice since yesterday, both times after disconnecting it from my laptop. Also, for the majority of today it didn't turn off even though I have it set to turn off after 60 minutes. It's taking itself out of the book I'm in and going to the main menu instead of shutting down (sometimes only). It also has not remembered where I am up to in books, three times it's skipped back at least two chapters.

I've reset it again and have gone in and updated all my settings just in case that was the problem.

Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:05 AM   #137
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
I've been having a few problems with this firmware. It's frozen for me twice since yesterday, both times after disconnecting it from my laptop. Also, for the majority of today it didn't turn off even though I have it set to turn off after 60 minutes. It's taking itself out of the book I'm in and going to the main menu instead of shutting down (sometimes only). It also has not remembered where I am up to in books, three times it's skipped back at least two chapters.

I've reset it again and have gone in and updated all my settings just in case that was the problem.

Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?
This is new to me. Could you please send a detailled bug report to info@pocketbook.de? Thanks in advance.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:26 AM   #138
IndecisiveMe
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
This is new to me. Could you please send a detailled bug report to info@pocketbook.de? Thanks in advance.
I'll give it another 24 hours and see if it keeps happening. If it does, I'll email you. Thanks for your help
Old 06-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #139
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Aw man, IndecisiveMe, I can't give you any help ... just sympathy.

I haven't had any troubles since I put 15.2 on my PB360 (I received it with 15.1 on it, had w-a-y too many crashes to be happy and so downgraded to 14.2). It's been running like a champ since I installed 15.2 the first day it was released.

Maybe you could downgrade to 14.2 and then re-try the firmware update to 15.2?

Other than that, I've got nothing - just my wishes for a speedy fix.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #140
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
Aw man, IndecisiveMe, I can't give you any help ... just sympathy.

I haven't had any troubles since I put 15.2 on my PB360 (I received it with 15.1 on it, had w-a-y too many crashes to be happy and so downgraded to 14.2). It's been running like a champ since I installed 15.2 the first day it was released.

Maybe you could downgrade to 14.2 and then re-try the firmware update to 15.2?

Other than that, I've got nothing - just my wishes for a speedy fix.
Yes, of course you can go back to 14.2, 15.2 in the near future will be corrected. At the PB301 + PB302 15.2, and works steadily.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #141
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
I like to browse the Russian and German forums to see what others say about my new (!) toy. I like seeing what tips and tricks they have and post...

I was in the Russian forum today and found this changelog posted by DimitryZ on the Russian site (also, Schnitzelbrain posted the same thing on the German site):

Version 15.2
- Adobe PDF - Improved Adobe PDF reader
- FBReader - Added encoding settings FBReader
- Added update mode pages without "fill" black
- Fixed display of long lists (more than 170 elements) in the settings
- PB302: Fixed a problem with the calibration screen
- PB302: Fixed problem with MP3 (low volume, pause while navigating)
- PB302: when you press the stylus in the hours open calendar / calculator
- PB302: you can assign the action on the central button
- PB302: more understandable names side buttons
- PB302: Fixed a problem with the gyroscopic sensor
- PB302: when connecting a new device PIN is requested from the user
- PB302: the possibility of transferring files via bluetooth
- PB302: improved response to long press of the stylus (the menu)
- PB302: navigation buttons in the menu and lists
- Fbreader: Fixed "sticking" to the last page of some files
- Fbreader: Fixed clipping of the upper rows at a small spacing
- Scrolling of long names in the bookshelf
- Save the file information (position, bookmarks) when copying / moving a file
- New menu, the last open book "(on a short push on / off)
- User profiles (experimental feature)
- Improved localization fixes for localization of the Spanish language
- Enhanced font selection dialog
- Added support for different font formats (currently only vector)
- Improved driver SD (Fixed compatibility issues with different types of cards)

This is a Google translated version - but seems very straight-forward and understandable.

Anyway, thought y'all might like to see it...

Happy reading.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #142
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
Very nice work, Mickey330. I had no idea they'd enable BT file transfer. I will check that out shortly.
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #143
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
- Improved localization fixes for localization of the Spanish language
Ahem, ahem...
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #144
polossatik
TheBigFish
polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: boox note air / pocketbook 840
But nothing about the RSS functionality?
I asked it in my other post, is there someone who can confirm RSS now works and in fact *how* does it works (for an 302)? I can't find any decent information about this except a summary on this review: http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...02-review-pt2/

Last edited by polossatik; 06-01-2010 at 07:51 PM.
polossatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #145
IndecisiveMe
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
Yes, of course you can go back to 14.2, 15.2 in the near future will be corrected. At the PB301 + PB302 15.2, and works steadily.
Are you saying that there are known problems with this firmware update? I hadn't seen anyone else having problems with it.

14.2 was working nearly perfectly for me, a few crashed in the two months I had it, but nothing major. Nothing like the problems I'm having with 15.2.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:40 AM   #146
crangirl
Connoisseur
crangirl doesn't littercrangirl doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360
For a newbie, would you recommend the 14.2 or 15.2 upgrade?
(PB 360)
crangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:46 AM   #147
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by crangirl View Post
(PB 360)
Stay 14.2 for now, I would suggest
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:51 AM   #148
IndecisiveMe
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crangirl View Post
(PB 360)
14.2 was really stable. Mine froze a couple of times, but nothing major at all. I'm having a couple of problems with 15.2 at the moment and if they keep up, I'll be going back to 14.2.

As your first experience with a PB360, I'd definitely suggest 14.2 so you can see what a great reader it is.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #149
crangirl
Connoisseur
crangirl doesn't littercrangirl doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360
I'll do that
crangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #150
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Yes, please use 14.2 for now, as 15.2 is still in beta and there might be bugs hidden in there that you really should not suffer through.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote