Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-23-2017, 01:30 AM   #1
Woznet
Woznet began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone & PC
Question Context Menu for EPUB Files

Right now I have the default program for my epub files set as Calibre, however there are times when I would like to just open the file in the viewer without going through the main Calibre program. Would anyone be able to assist me with editing the context menu to allow opening directly with the Calibre ebook-viewer.exe after right clicking an epub file? I am able to right click an epub, select 'open with', find the 'Calibre ebook viewer' and open it that way, however I would like to skip all the additional menus and clicks to be able to open it directly from the Right Click Context Menu into the Calibre ebook Viewer.
Woznet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:04 AM   #2
Woznet
Woznet began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone & PC
I managed to fix my issue, I added a shortcut to Calibre ebook-viewer.exe in the SendTo menu.

You can get to the SendTo menu folder in explorer by typing 'shell:sendto' where the folder path is displayed.
Woznet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:21 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Woznet - I was a bit confused as to which context menu you meant - the one in Windows/File Explorer or the one in the Calibre Book List,

But given you solved it with Windows Send To you must mean to former, in which case why not just use the Windows Open With, which will EPUB specific, viz

Click image for larger version

Name:	openwith.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	155799

Send To is the same for all files types, sending a FLAC to the ebook-viewer won't show the lyrics or play the song

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote