Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-22-2017, 03:19 PM   #1
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
Command to go to Amazon web page for title?

Hi all,

Is there a command or plug-in to go to the Amazon web page (or Goodreads, Google Books, etc.) for a title (assuming the relevant metadata is present)? I think that would be a very nifty feature.

Thanks!
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:34 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmedia View Post
Hi all,

Is there a command or plug-in to go to the Amazon web page (or Goodreads, Google Books, etc.) for a title (assuming the relevant metadata is present)? I think that would be a very nifty feature.

Thanks!
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/metadata.html

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/met...ading-metadata

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:51 PM   #3
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Hi, thanks for the reply. I think I wasn't very clear-

I know how to download metadata for my books. I would like to be able to go straight from a selected book in Calibre, to the Amazon web page for the book. I often find I want to read reviews, look for a hard copy, write a review, etc.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:01 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
You could use the plugin "Search the internet", it has an option to search Amazon for a selected title.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:19 PM   #5
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
You could use the plugin "Search the internet", it has an option to search Amazon for a selected title.
PERFECT!! Thank you!!
Old 03-22-2017, 05:21 PM   #6
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmedia View Post
Hi, thanks for the reply. I think I wasn't very clear-

I know how to download metadata for my books. I would like to be able to go straight from a selected book in Calibre, to the Amazon web page for the book. I often find I want to read reviews, look for a hard copy, write a review, etc.
In the book details section look for id's if you have downloaded the meta data then it will have Amazon.com listed clink on Amazon.com it will open the book page.

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui.html#book-details

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:40 PM   #7
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur

Ah, that's great too! I never actually used the details section before, I had assigned a hot key to 'Edit Metadata' and have always just used that.

The 'search the internet' plugin allows you to create hotkeys, so that is fastest. But this is another nice method (and takes you directly to the book page, instead of an Amazon search result.) Thanks!!