Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 01:07 AM   #16
Dwayne Smith
Dwayne Smith began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for your response Jellby.

That's brilliant. Presumably there are no instances where embedded fonts are supported but @import is not.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to postpone such cool tricks until I can work out how to get the (expletive) embedded fonts recognised in the first place.

d.

Last edited by Dwayne Smith; 04-16-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Dwayne Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:12 AM   #17
Almiel
regrets buying PocketBook
Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CoolReader (Android), Pocketbook 360 Ivory
zipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
I just found that I have to use (zip mybook.epub -DX0 mimetype) to pass the epubcheck. Otherwise I get an error about extra field length being 28 instead of 0.
I followed the zipping instructions at http://www.webvivant.com/zipping-epub-files.html with great success. This is especially useful for mac users because it addresses the hidden files that mac creates in each folder.
Almiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #18
virtual_ink
Zealot
virtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPad2, Kindle
Hi all, I'm new to the forum, working at a small publishing house and have been tasked with converting our print books to ebooks. I usually typeset the books so am already working in InDesign, and i have some basic HTML experience. I'm embracing the new challenge by reading Liz Castro's Straight To The Point guide and watching the InDesign CS5 epub training videos on Lynda (although we are on CS5.5), i'm learning a lot of great stuff but so far I haven't found a simple solution to some of my most basic queries.

For starters, how do I create a section title and a chapter title that will each split the epub into separate files/chapters? I want sections to appear as parent items in the toc, with chapters as children, but CS5.5 will only allow me to split the document defined by one paragraph style, so if I set the toc style up the way I'd like it, the epub doesn't split the way I would like. If I strip out our design elements and start all new sections and chapters with the same header, I get the right splits, but the toc and the page design are compromised.

I guess I can edit these later, but if there's an easier way to do this - any tips would be much appreciated!

Last edited by virtual_ink; 06-28-2011 at 07:11 PM.
virtual_ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #19
AuthorGreg
Connoisseur
AuthorGreg began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 2nd Gen, Kindle 7" Fire HD
Anyone know where I can download the Prince and the Pauper file now? The link posted here is invalid.

Thanks,

Greg
AuthorGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #20
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuthorGreg View Post
Anyone know where I can download the Prince and the Pauper file now? The link posted here is invalid.

Thanks,

Greg
You should find it here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34347
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #21
AuthorGreg
Connoisseur
AuthorGreg began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 2nd Gen, Kindle 7" Fire HD
Thank you, sir!
AuthorGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #22
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Wow, there's so much info on how to create ePub step by step. This is exactly what I was looking for. However, following links seem not working any more.

StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #23
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
You can find the specs at the site of the IDPF: http://www.idpf.org

Both the ePUB v2 and ePUB v3 specifications can be found there.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote