Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
Jaie22
Jaie22 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook color (rooted)
Unhappy Importing trouble

Can't get Calibre to import new eBooks as of about 11 p.m. last night, despite multiple system reboots.

I ran calibre-debug -g and this is what I got:

Failed to initialize plugin: u'C:\\Documents and Settings\\[my name]\Application Data\\calibre\\plugins:\\Goodreads Metadata.zip'
Traceback <most recent call last>:
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 484, in initialize_plugins
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 54, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 169, in load
File "importlib\_init_.py", line 150, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.dummy1._init_", line 15, in <module>
ImportError: No module named fetch
Starting up ...
Started up in 34.9839999676
Exception in thread Thread-10:
File "threading.py", line 530, in _bootstrap_inner
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\server.py", line 221, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\server.py", line 139, in launch_worker
CriticalError: Failed to launch worker process:
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\server.py", line 148, in do_launch
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ips\launch.py", line 183, in _call_
File "subprocess.py", line 672, in _init_
File "subprocess.py", line 882, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannnot find the file specified

I do pretty well on the user end of things, but I know nothing about packages and processes and tracebacks and so on. I am worried that the fetch module seems to have gone missing!

The only thing I can think of it to reinstall Calibre. Anyone have any better ideas?
Jaie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do a clean re-install, i.e. uninstall, delete c:\Program Files\calibre2 then re-install. And dont worry re-installing will not affect your books/settings/plugins.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
Jaie22
Jaie22 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook color (rooted)
That did it. Thanks!
Jaie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Do a clean re-install, i.e. uninstall, delete c:\Program Files\calibre2 then re-install. And dont worry re-installing will not affect your books/settings/plugins.
I have the same problem. Well, not entirely. I can import books, but I cannot add plugins and get the same error msg. As I understand from your post, deleting program files won't affect my library in any way? Books, metadata, settings, columns will stay the same?
Just checking to make sure as redoing everything would be just terrible

TIA

Last edited by Noughty; 05-25-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Uninstalling does not touch any data.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:15 AM   #6
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
I did this all, but it didn't help. I still cannot install Goodreads Metadata plugin. Get the same error:

calibre, version 0.8.2
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ImportError</b>:No module named fetch

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 287, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 322, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 54, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 167, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 150, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.dummy1.__init__", line 15, in <module>
ImportError: No module named fetch
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:40 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaie22 View Post
That did it. Thanks!

Welcome to Mobileread ... do stay and join in the fun ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #8
jukin
Connoisseur
jukin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire HD 10
Same problem. Did the uninstall, deleted Program Files\Calibre2 and installed 0.8.4. When I try and install the Goodreads Metadata plugin I get the same exception. Tried the Goodreads Covers plugin and I get the exception with that too. I had not installed any Goodreads plugins before so there's no 'oldies' laying around. I miss having series metadata automatically provided so I'd love to find a solution. Thanks for your help guys.
jukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #9
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukin View Post
Same problem. Did the uninstall, deleted Program Files\Calibre2 and installed 0.8.4. When I try and install the Goodreads Metadata plugin I get the same exception. Tried the Goodreads Covers plugin and I get the exception with that too. I had not installed any Goodreads plugins before so there's no 'oldies' laying around. I miss having series metadata automatically provided so I'd love to find a solution. Thanks for your help guys.
It sounds like you are installing the wrong versions of the plugins. The plugins you mention above were designed for Calibre prior to 0.8. In Calibre 0.8 the API changed and so a new plugin had to be written which encompasses both retrieving metadata and covers. It is called "Goodreads", and you can find it here.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #10
jukin
Connoisseur
jukin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
It sounds like you are installing the wrong versions of the plugins. The plugins you mention above were designed for Calibre prior to 0.8. In Calibre 0.8 the API changed and so a new plugin had to be written which encompasses both retrieving metadata and covers. It is called "Goodreads", and you can find it here.
That was it! Thanks a lot for your help.
jukin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
import