Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Help with paragraphs w/image

I've converted a PDF (saved PDF to html in Acrobat Pro) file (yeah not ideal, I know), but it actually looks really really good, and I want to keep it.

I loaded the HTML into Sigil and want the paragraphs indented.

The problem is this:

There is a <p> in the first section of the paragraph, then until the section ends each line break is done with </br>

There is no style sheet either.

Attached is what it looks like.

Any help in changing this? I won't go through and do each line manually, but didn't know if there was a way to add a style sheet and do it that way.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: Figured out that if I replace <br /> with </p><p> then it gives the desired result, now I just have to figure out how to get rid of the extra line....adding a rule in the header for a text indent works, just not setting the top and bottom margin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HTMLview.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	794.3 KB
ID:	65436  

Last edited by jhempel24; 01-24-2011 at 03:20 PM.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Of course this will work. I would recommend picking up the basics for xhtml and css and try to do things in stylesheets as much as possible. The top and bottom margin can be set in various ways. You can do it for the body, but also for the page (@page in the stylesheet). Download some epubs and look at the internals.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:01 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Yeah I know it's ideal, but this was a converted pdf, and there was no style sheet. The problem is with the <br />, there just isn't a ton out there on how to keep formatting when those are in use.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
You can do it for the body
But it will probably affect only the first and last "screens" within a file.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:35 AM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
But it will probably affect only the first and last "screens" within a file.
Agree, that's why I also mentioned the @page. That's what I always use.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote