Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 12-31-2007, 01:23 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Website for OS X Driver for ebookwise 1150

I've seen links and talk about software for OS X for the eBookwise and I can't seem to find it anywhere. I keep hearing about ETI, but no matter what PC I am at I can't seem to access their site. Any help would be great!

Thanks
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:35 AM   #2
Brad
Zealot
Brad doesn't litterBrad doesn't litterBrad doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3 / EB1150 /iPhone
You can download the USB driver for the Mac here.

For uploading files you will need the personal content server which is a web based application to upload your content to your personal bookshelf.

You can find out about all of that in the eBookwise help section:
http://www.ebookwise.com/servlet/mw?t=help_help&si=43
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:07 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the site. I've done the uploading through the content server, but unfortunately my files are almost always over 2MB. Using book designer to create imp's makes things rather large.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Thanks for the site. I've done the uploading through the content server, but unfortunately my files are almost always over 2MB. Using book designer to create imp's makes things rather large.
That is because you are using multi-language support which causes BD to make images instead of text. Turn off this feature and your books will work better and be sized better.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:58 PM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard

actually Multi-Language Support is turned off in the settings. is there somewhere else I need to turn it off at? I know sometimes it asks me if I want to turn it on and I say no
Old 01-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
actually Multi-Language Support is turned off in the settings. is there somewhere else I need to turn it off at? I know sometimes it asks me if I want to turn it on and I say no
That should be enough I think but if you check the books MobiRead releases you will find that they are seldom above 1 Meg unless they have lots of images in them. Image sizes can be trimmed as well if that is what the problem is for your books.

Dale
Old 01-02-2008, 12:00 AM   #7
jhempel24
Wizard

Using the Create Book Image with BookDesigner, I am constantly getting 3-4MB files. The reason I use Create Book Image instead of make IMP is that I don't like the fact that the margins are edge to edge on the create IMP. If I am able to change the margins that way, then that would be great
Old 01-02-2008, 12:24 AM   #8
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
The only site I know of is ebooktechnologies.com/.

The software can be found on their download page. If the link doesn't work, go the home page > Support > Downloads.

Good luck!
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:47 AM   #9
jhempel24
Wizard

well, tried with IE, and Firefox, and the site just doesn't seem to work for me. what software are you getting from there, and maybe I can find it somewhere else to download?
Old 01-02-2008, 11:22 AM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
well, tried with IE, and Firefox, and the site just doesn't seem to work for me. what software are you getting from there, and maybe I can find it somewhere else to download?
Try http://www.ebooktechnologies.com/support_download.htm

The site is online you should be able to reach it.

Dale