Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 05-05-2018, 02:11 PM   #316
Atom56
Atom56 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Can I use any smartphone usb charger plug for the reMarkable? My old Galaxy S4 Mini charger has an output of 5V/1.0A and I want to use it to charge the reMarkable.

I also want to use a plastic ruler over the display, do you think it's safe?
Atom56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:17 AM   #317
glasnost
Connoisseur
glasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW3, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom56 View Post
Can I use any smartphone usb charger plug for the reMarkable? My old Galaxy S4 Mini charger has an output of 5V/1.0A and I want to use it to charge the reMarkable.

I also want to use a plastic ruler over the display, do you think it's safe?
I've used a variety of microusb chargers without problem. (both 2.1 and 1A).

As far as a plastic ruler, there are actually templates you can use with ruler markings, but otherwise , so long as you aren't scratching all over the place, it should be fine. I've definitely used softer things as straight edges with no problem. (nothing but the pen is detected outside of the menu edges.
glasnost is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2018, 04:30 PM   #318
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
i'm looking for a device with note taking/sketching capabilities (write/edit/save/move pages from one notebook to another/import/export). does the reMarkable do all this? but it's also quite expensive. is there another device that is affordable? i just need these functions, if that helps. no need for it to read epubs.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:18 PM   #319
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I guess it depends on whether you need the e-ink display or not. That's what makes it so expensive, not the software.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 04:08 PM   #320
Atom56

Guys, I just got my reMarkable hours ago. It came with the old firmware and I'm unable to update it even though it's connected to the internet (the files do sync with the desktop and mobile apps). I already tried with different networks multiple times and it always says "ERROR: Error checking for update".

I edited this post because there was really no issue with the pressure sensitivity. I was just pressing too light on the pencil. My boyfriend pointed that out to me. I feel a bit dumb for not realizing. Anyways, the update issue still remains. Did anyone had this issue before updating?

Last edited by Atom56; 05-13-2018 at 12:44 AM.
Advert
Old 05-14-2018, 06:04 PM   #321
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom56 View Post
Guys, I just got my reMarkable hours ago. It came with the old firmware and I'm unable to update it even though it's connected to the internet (the files do sync with the desktop and mobile apps). I already tried with different networks multiple times and it always says "ERROR: Error checking for update".
I have the same error - my device was updated once, but I get this error when I try to manually check for updates. I only notice this today.
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:11 PM   #322
Atom56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
I have the same error - my device was updated once, but I get this error when I try to manually check for updates. I only notice this today.
Fortunately I have already updated my reMarkable. I wrote a ticket in the support page and they told me that they had trouble with their servers this weekend, but now it should be working fine.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:31 AM   #323
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This week I got an email from Remarkable telling me that a new update was coming, and this morning (or was it yesterday?) my device updated itself when I connected it to my PC. The update is mostly about better battery management; I don't think there have been any changes to the software features.

(And of course, it's hard to tell if battery life is really improved at short glance)
Old 08-07-2018, 09:48 AM   #324
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
They are having a "Back to School" 100$ rebate program ... €/$ 499 for the pad and the marker.

https://remarkable.com/store/reMarkable-and-marker
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 03:37 PM   #325
Xen
Connoisseur
Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle

Last edited by Xen; 08-22-2018 at 07:41 PM.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:19 PM   #326
Xen
Connoisseur
Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle

Last edited by Xen; 08-22-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:02 PM   #327
Philippe D.
Addict

The offer doesn't seem to include the sleeve, so there is nothing to hold the stylus?

Oh, and it says on the page, the offer is still good for 3 days at the moment.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:40 PM   #328
Philippe D.
Addict

The reMarkable recently got a nice new feature: handwritten text recognition and conversion to typed text.

The conversion software seems to be pretty good, it had no problem reading a few lines of my wife's (frankly) difficult handwriting. You have to specify the language in the general settings (not too good if you're used to writing in more than one language), and it requires a wifi connection because the conversion is done by a server, but it seems to work rather well.

It's nice to see that the people at reMarkable are still working on adding new features and correcting bugs.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:27 PM   #329
Philippe D.
Addict

Today reMarkable announced a (IMHO) long overdue software update: it will now let you add pages to notebooks (not just at the end), move pages, copy pages, even from one document to another.

From what I understand, it's still missing a feature that is important (you still cannot copy part of a page from one page to another), but it's a step in the right direction, and it shows that they're still working on improving their device.

My device has not updated yet; I'll post here when it does and I get to test the new features.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #330
gloriousglib
gloriousglib began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
There's a post an the ReMarkable reddit about the update - you can see a video here
gloriousglib is offline   Reply With Quote