Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 03:13 AM   #1
laznick
laznick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Unhappy Factory reset not working.

Hi there...
Strange things my kindle 4 NT doing is... dark side him got...
It tried to update to 4.1.1 (no hack)- update via WIFI successful, after that he rebooted. so far OK. But, the version showing up is still 4.1.0 and... and this is strange, he keeps setting him self to some kind of Restore point - i downloaded a book from my amazon archive, read a little etc. It went to sleep (screensaver) and after that the book was not there. So i downloaded it again.. and again it was gone after sleep. Another thing - the K4 forgot the password to my wifi. So i thought I will delete all books... I tried it manually in K4 ( I deleted all collections and books) - after it went to sleep they were all back again!? So it tried it with Calibre - they were all back. I tried it via USB - they were back. After all i tried a factory reset and... they were all - collections, books - back again. Any clue on this? Amazon Customer care wont be a thing I think, as I am in Europe and got the K4 from a friend as a gift from US.
laznick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
The thread title says that a factory reset isn't working, but your post indicates that it did indeed fix the problem. Am I misinterpreting this? A factory reset will fix most basic problems that may plague a kindle.

If you want to install 4.1.1, you can do so manually from here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200774090
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
laznick
laznick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
The thread title says that a factory reset isn't working, but your post indicates that it did indeed fix the problem. Am I misinterpreting this? A factory reset will fix most basic problems that may plague a kindle.

If you want to install 4.1.1, you can do so manually from here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200774090
Hi there, no it did not help. I assume a factory reset should delete everything stored in the Kindle (please, correct me if I am wrong), but it just don't....
To the Update: I tried the manual update too... Also did not work. I got the message Update successful, but after restart the version is still 4.1.0.

English is not my language, so it may happen, that I actually write something differently than thought... Sorry for that...
laznick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k4 nt