Notices

Old 04-26-2018, 11:11 PM   #1
edlu
Enthusiast
edlu began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Lightbulb kobo A1 OTA update is different from nightly on web

guys
Just sharing with you, Kobo A1 OTA update are not the same rev. as you would get from website nightly.
It took me some time to figure this (Basically despite updating on OTA, which I thought are the same as nightly in web, I would not get the widgets that people were talking, so I suspected something going on)

I just update by downloading from web https://github.com/koreader/koreader/releases

I got latest version - koreader-beta-20180412

Then just out of curiosity tore-verify, I thought to run OTA update on Development the results:
Installed Version: 201512654
Available Version: 201512689
So it appears there is a disconnect between OTA and Website, because I just installed latest, and confirmed it is running v2015
11-1654-gc666c9f1_2018_04-12. And there are no NEWER versions outthere.
OTA settings are:
OTA Channel: Development
OTA Server: http://ota/koreader.rocks:80/
edlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:49 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlu View Post
guys
Just sharing with you, Kobo A1 OTA update are not the same rev. as you would get from website nightly.
It took me some time to figure this (Basically despite updating on OTA, which I thought are the same as nightly in web, I would not get the widgets that people were talking, so I suspected something going on)

I just update by downloading from web https://github.com/koreader/koreader/releases

I got latest version - koreader-beta-20180412

Then just out of curiosity tore-verify, I thought to run OTA update on Development the results:
Installed Version: 201512654
Available Version: 201512689
So it appears there is a disconnect between OTA and Website, because I just installed latest, and confirmed it is running v2015
11-1654-gc666c9f1_2018_04-12. And there are no NEWER versions outthere.
OTA settings are:
OTA Channel: Development
OTA Server: http://ota/koreader.rocks:80/
The one you are downloading is the beta release/official release.
the nightlies you can get from here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=281062
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 02:03 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/

Up to 1689, at the moment.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 05:46 PM   #4
edlu
Enthusiast
edlu began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
isn't the word used "development" on OTA same as "nightly" on web?
I thought both should be the same.
edlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 04:00 AM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Ideally both would be called development, but that'd break things.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote