Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #16
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Robert,
I wish we Sony owners had somebody like you here!
Join us!
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:20 AM   #17
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Any chance that for the next firmware upgrade after this one, that the factory can do an Snow Leopard and not add features, but consolidate and improve upon the existing ones.

The only thing I really care about, in terms of additional features, is the ability to delete a file on the device.

The most important requirement for the next firmware upgrade is to fix the fonts so that they appear darker on screen - they need to be blacker rather than greyer and we know this can be done.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2010, 12:42 PM   #18
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Very valid requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
Any chance that for the next firmware upgrade after this one, that the factory can do an Snow Leopard and not add features, but consolidate and improve upon the existing ones.

The only thing I really care about, in terms of additional features, is the ability to delete a file on the device.

The most important requirement for the next firmware upgrade is to fix the fonts so that they appear darker on screen - they need to be blacker rather than greyer and we know this can be done.
Dear omro:

Many people have mentioned the desire to delete files on the device. To be honest, there seemed to always be something more urgent. BUT... I think it is time that I bring this up to get it done.

I have no idea how hard, easy. or impossible the factory may judge fixing the fonts to be darker. Believe me, I am NOT arguing but am agreeing. I just do not know their reaction. It is time to address this also... so I will now work on getting correction for both ideas.

Thank You!! We will find out!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear omro:

Many people have mentioned the desire to delete files on the device. To be honest, there seemed to always be something more urgent. BUT... I think it is time that I bring this up to get it done.

I have no idea how hard, easy. or impossible the factory may judge fixing the fonts to be darker. Believe me, I am NOT arguing but am agreeing. I just do not know their reaction. It is time to address this also... so I will now work on getting correction for both ideas.

Thank You!! We will find out!!
Robert
If a full delete is not possible, Might the developers consider "Remove from List" on the Recently read page..

My feature preferences:
1) remove from "recent" list
2) Move to other storage (SD->Main, Main->SD) understanding that folder selection would either be full path (same as source, only drive change) or Move to root. Without a full keyboard path changes are difficult
3) Mark as Read (icon change? Add a Tick mark? )
4) Full Delete (with confirmation)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #20
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Robert
If a full delete is not possible, Might the developers consider "Remove from List" on the Recently read page..

My feature preferences:
1) remove from "recent" list
2) Move to other storage (SD->Main, Main->SD) understanding that folder selection would either be full path (same as source, only drive change) or Move to root. Without a full keyboard path changes are difficult
3) Mark as Read (icon change? Add a Tick mark? )
4) Full Delete (with confirmation)
I thought the LBook firmware could delete on device?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
I thought the LBook firmware could delete on device?
It can, if you know how
I found the UI (long press) just a bit iffy to use.
Has anyone else noticed the Lbook site still has holiday theme and no recent update?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:46 PM   #22
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Robert, any chance of getting more zoom options for DOC format?
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #23
jchkc123
jchkc123 began at the beginning.

Device: nook str
i'm so glad about the improved .lit support-- i've been wanting an ereader ever since the kindle first came out in 2007, but i didn't like the kindle's restrictions, limited formats, etc. over the years, i kept waiting for THE device, you know, the perfect one, but no such luck. then out comes the astak ez reader which had all the features i wanted/needed & more... but i kept reading about iffy .lit support, which a good percentage of my ebooks are and so i held off on buying one... until i read about the new firmware update!!! i ordered mine today =) hopefully i made the right choice~~ (i mean i know i can always convert files, but i don't want to have to pay for a reader and then spend extra time converting everything so i can use it)

Last edited by jchkc123; 03-07-2010 at 11:13 PM.
jchkc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #24
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wait until all post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchkc123 View Post
i'm so glad about the improved .lit support-- i've been wanting an ereader ever since the kindle first came out in 2007, but i didn't like the kindle's restrictions, limited formats, etc. over the years, i kept waiting for THE device, you know, the perfect one, but no such luck. then out comes the astak ez reader which had all the features i wanted/needed & more... but i kept reading about iffy .lit support, which a good percentage of my ebooks are and so i held off on buying one... until i read about the new firmware update!!! i ordered mine today =) hopefully i made the right choice~~ (i mean i know i can always convert files, but i don't want to have to pay for a reader and then spend extra time converting everything so i can use it)
Dear jchkc123:

I work for Astak and we also are very happy that the factory is finally getting things (suppsedly) right with .LIT. However, do not yell "hooray" yet. The proof will be when the firmware is downloaded and people try it.

I mean, Astak WILL try it, of course. BUT, I have learned that it is better to be sure. The factory thinks they got everything fixed. They are good people and great engineers. BUT, this .LIT issue has been going on for a while.

I will hold my cheering until enough people post and say: "did the new downlaod and the .LIT files read great now".

On that note, we expected to have the firmware upgrade posted today but the FTP transfer from the factory did not work. We hope to get it late tonight (China's morning) and test it and then post it!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #25
Robertb

More font sizes for DOC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
Robert, any chance of getting more zoom options for DOC format?
Dear Laura:

I can check with the factory and will!!
Old 03-09-2010, 02:43 AM   #26
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Dear Laura:

I can check with the factory and will!!
Thanks
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #27
Robertb

Further update on new Firmware Upgrade

Quote:
Dear jchkc123:

I work for Astak and we also are very happy that the factory is finally getting things (suppsedly) right with .LIT. However, do not yell "hooray" yet. The proof will be when the firmware is downloaded and people try it.

I mean, Astak WILL try it, of course. BUT, I have learned that it is better to be sure. The factory thinks they got everything fixed. They are good people and great engineers. BUT, this .LIT issue has been going on for a while.

I will hold my cheering until enough people post and say: "did the new downlaod and the .LIT files read great now".

On that note, we expected to have the firmware upgrade posted today but the FTP transfer from the factory did not work. We hope to get it late tonight (China's morning) and test it and then post it!
Dear All:

The FTP of the firmware upgrade is now working and Astak will test it. We hope to have it up Wednesday.

This first upgrade in for the Pocket PRO only. The factory IS doing a separate Firmware Upgrade for the same items on the 6 inch EZ Reader Basic. We hope to have that tested and posted on Friday or Monday.

AFTER both are done and posted I will start suggesting to the factory more things that they can add in the future. We STILL want Dictionary Support but need a dictionary that they can utilize that has NO possible copyright issues.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #28
Xochipilli2012
Zealot
Xochipilli2012 began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-600, Slate Blue Astak EZReader Pocket Pro
Not quite ready for prime time, maybe?

Hi Robert,

I noticed the firmware options were blank all day yesterday on theezreader.com website. Today the old options are back. I thought maybe that was a sort of drum roll before the new firmware went up, but I guess not.

Good luck managing our expectations sir! If anyone is up to that task, with good humor and a sunny smile, it would be you!!

Peace.
Xochipilli2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #29
Robertb

Testing, testing, testing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xochipilli2012 View Post
Hi Robert,

I noticed the firmware options were blank all day yesterday on theezreader.com website. Today the old options are back. I thought maybe that was a sort of drum roll before the new firmware went up, but I guess not.

Good luck managing our expectations sir! If anyone is up to that task, with good humor and a sunny smile, it would be you!!

Peace.
Dear Xochipilli:

Thank you, my good friend, Good humor is imoprtant on here!!

ALL firmware upgrades must be tested before we post. That is being delayed because we are hiring a part time eBook Intern and after four hours on Craigs List we got 200 cover letters and resumes. Sorting thru these is hard work and taking all of our time.

We need to assure that the Firmware Upgrade works and does what it is supposed to do. We do not want a glitch to mess up anybody.

The Project Manager (pain in the buttocks that he is) thinks it should clearly be up by next Monday (March 15).
Old 03-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #30
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
No worries on the wait. After the Cybook Glacier Wait for their update.... one week is no problem.

Last edited by hidari; 03-11-2010 at 07:30 AM.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote