Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 03-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Hanlin V3 standard cover

I have been looking at a Hanlin for some time now, and will buy one from Pixelar (65 EUR cheaper than BeBook incl. shipping).

I was wondering what the quality of the standard issue cover is? Is it leather or plastic? I don't mind plastic, but would like to know what to expect. I know they say leather on the web site, but I'm not sure I can completely trust that and I can't see what it is from the picture. Also, if it is plastic, how well does it hold up to wear and tear?

Should I spring for a such a cover: Stylz ?
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
hpkeong
Heavy eBook User
hpkeong began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V8, V3, Fujitsu Tablet PC, EEE PC
Hi

It is synthetic leather cover and I feel good with it even after using abotu a year.
hpkeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #3
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you
I did suspect it was synthetic. I'd prefer leather, but for now it should be fine - I can always buy another cover later.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:11 AM   #4
bozon42
Enthusiast
bozon42 began at the beginning.

Device: Lbook V3
Hi all,

I have Lbook V3 from www.iscriptum.eu but ordered another leather cover
(brown one) from Pixelar.
Hope it will be good.

bozon42
bozon42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:42 AM   #5
Nivi78
Nivi78 began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
The brown cover from the Pixelar shop looks nice. Unfortunately the shipping costs are quite prohibitive (for ppl living outside the uk the shipping costs are higher than the cover itself!). Does anyone know another source for these covers? They seem to be original covers from Hanlin (according to the imprinted logo)
Nivi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2009, 05:46 AM   #6
hannah
Zealot
hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Bebook mini
You have the covers at stylz, it seems they are in real leather. I ordered one, but don't have it yet.

http://www.stylzworld.com/
hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:53 AM   #7
Ea
Wizard

@hannah - let us know what it's like when you get it

I'd guess it's the same cover at Stylz as the one on Bebook.com. At Stylz it's 25+6(shipping) EUR, so it's cheaper.

I have been looking at them as well - I recently bought a Hanlin from Pixelar. It comes with a cover in synthetic leather, and it's okay, but I'd prefer real leather. It also looks like the Stylz cover has the clip type holders, which are great.

As for the design, I noticed in these pictures, from the presentation of the new Hanlin reader, you can see a cover that looks to be the Stylz. It looks like real leather. The only thing I don't like is the extra flap for cards and notes. It adds bulk and weight and I don't really need it. Except it gives better protection of the screen, so I don't know.