Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-20-2023, 06:09 AM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Sony 650 stylus

What is the stylus on the Sony 650 eReader used for.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 09:36 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Not much.
It's for people with very big fingers.
There is no digitiser.

There is a "Handwriting" application, but it's actually just a sketchpad. The stylus (any dumb stylus) simply makes that easier to use.
Or if you find the A-Z on the edge of pages too small for a finger.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2023, 08:16 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
What is the stylus on the Sony 650 eReader used for.
It just fills the stylus slot for me. As Quoth says, it was probably intended for taking notes.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 09:03 PM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I think they mostly broke anyway. Loved the X50 line, but the styli tended to snap off.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 08:02 AM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I think they mostly broke anyway. Loved the X50 line, but the styli tended to snap off.
That just recently happened to a 350 I have. The plastic just got brittle and it broke. No stress on it at all.
Advert
Old 12-21-2023, 12:34 PM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The top was missing on my PRS-350 stylus, but I managed to fish it out of the holder (maybe with a bamboo skewer? I forget). I made a new top with flat hook. The tip was Ok.

However I never use the stylus.

The PRS-350 is really nice. Battery still usable. I edited the calibre settings so it uses my kobo collections column instead of the tags column.

The PRS-T2 is better than the PRS-T1 (it was returned) and the door for SD-card on it is a nice touch as are the shaped buttons. A grandchild has the T2 now.
Old 12-21-2023, 07:46 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
The top was missing on my PRS-350 stylus, but I managed to fish it out of the holder (maybe with a bamboo skewer? I forget). I made a new top with flat hook. The tip was Ok.
I've still got the pieces. I'm going to see if my son can make a replacement part with his 3D printer.
Old 12-22-2023, 07:32 AM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Or you can file a piece of warhammer or similar sprue!
Old 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM   #9
Prince Valiant
Prince Valiant began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350/650/300
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
That just recently happened to a 350 I have. The plastic just got brittle and it broke. No stress on it at all.
I had the same happen to mine a few months ago. I was able to glue the top piece back on but it was surprising when it happened. I mostly used it to pull up the dictionary because I have to peck carefully with my nails without a stylus.
Prince Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote